LC grab bag swap Idea

I have several ideas and hope I can send several “bits and pieces” of L and C items. I’ll keep my eyes out for the swap!

3 Likes

This will be fun! Keep getting better @gozer ! :heart:

I plan on opening this on July 1st. It’ll have a two-week sign-up since we had extra time, and then send out. Sorry about the delay. I was truly down for the count for a while there. Not 100% yet, but I am working on it. Thanks to everyone for being so patient!

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend! I’m sorry that’s why we had extra time, but grateful for it. I have my “c” item made and an idea for “l,” but nothing started.

1 Like

I have one item done, and several others partially done. Gave me the chance to try some new things! Going to wait until July 1 to decide what to send.

2 Likes

Goodness, this thing finally started! Ha!

2 Likes

I was thinking of doing this swap again with other themes, such as a Halloween, Stocking stuffer, Craft supplies, etc. Does anyone have any other ideas? Feel free to add them here!

4 Likes

Could just do seasons: summer, winter, etc.

Oooh, for craft supplies maybe everyone could gift a craft supply they just recently discovered, and a second that is a long-time favorite.

Wearable art?

2 Likes

I like the seasonal idea. I was also thinking of trying other initials, but wasn’t sure what.

2 Likes

Could just use a bag of Scrabble tiles to draw letters randomly. Or do initials of the sender.

2 Likes

Initials means you would have to craft for your partner. I like the random idea. It could give us lots of possibilities. LOTS! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Maybe colors/patterns? Either specific ones or “color” and “pattern” as broader themes.

3 Likes

I meant SENDER’s initials, but then I guess you’d have a harder time keeping yourself anonymous.

2 Likes

I’m glad you said that, because it’s made me realize I should leave my name off my return address this round. Which makes sense; I kind of wondered how people whose usernames reflected their actual names were going to maintain the secret :laughing: .

2 Likes

Oh! That could work! Sorry, I was only thinking inside my own head. This is why I asked for suggestions. :crazy_face:

I’m not trying to make it too secret. I’m mainly trying to get people to craft now and not wait until they get partners. My goals is to have some nice stuff. I understand it is a small, but I want people to think of something they would be excited to get and not rush it.

6 Likes

I’ve really liked this grab bag concept. It has been fun and low stress. I’m looking forward to signing up for more grab bag swaps in the future!

7 Likes

Cool. Im planning more so i hope people join. Lol

6 Likes

I agree and hope there are more.

5 Likes

I love this style. I actually find it more liberating and less stressful to craft in my style than to a partner’s style. I look forward to more as well

4 Likes