LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Words to live by!

2 Likes

I have used this pattern…it’s a fun knit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve finally got a shawl on the hook. Not one I had already planned, mind, but a whole new one that will hopefully be a Christmas present for a friend. It’s the Classical Attitude shawl from Hobbii. I’m doing it in a discontinued colorway of the yarn Cotton Kings called Twirls Nation “Washington, DC.” (Red, White, and Blue.)

8 Likes

Ooo! Can’t wait to see the colors change.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m kinda hoping it looks a bit like those popsicles you get from an icecream truck, you know the r/w/b ones? That would entertain me. lol

4 Likes

For any of you who may have missed the LC Class threads, I thought I’d let you all know that I’ll be teaching an online class for LC, in a few weeks. We will be making a rainbow sun catcher and a beaded bracelet with a charm. Kits are available for the low price of $11 (including shipping in the US), + $5 for the class itself, that goes to LC, to help us fund things like Challenge prizes. The kits include the same rainbow suncatcher seen in the link below, while the bracelet kits are completely custom to each person. I have over 1,000 charms to choose from, and tons of high quality beads, so you’re sure to get something you love.

Signups were due to close today, but we’re going to extend them a few more days to let more people join in.

1 Like

And in shawl-related news: I finishes my not-so-secret project for Ms. Abbie, and even blocked it! Can’t wait to share it with you guys.

3 Likes

My shawl is currently being frogged. The counts look off so I’m going to start again now as I’m not falling asleep like the last time I worked on it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah! I missed this somehow!! So exciting!

Oh no! The worst.

Or maybe the worst is making no progress at all, which is my current state. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that luv! But you’ll figure it out. I’m certain.

3 Likes

I am struggling with the Close to You pattern. After binding off 8 stitches to create the zig-zag/triangle/wing-like pattern, I’m supposed to come right up to the stitch marker after doing 8 double yarn over/knit two together sequences. But I had one stitch left on round one (I just moved the marker) and 4 stitches after round 2. As far as I can tell I’m following the pattern. Any insight from those who have done this pattern before or have experienced similar issues?

You can see my line is all wonky between the yarn over section and the knit section and I have 9 holes (double yarn overs) on my latest round. Ugh!

3 Likes

I have that pattern bookmarked but have not made it yet…did you have the right number of stitches, ie. 25 before and after the marker on each row?

2 Likes

I thought I did! It’s only 25 on one side of the marker (before on right side and after on wrong side), unless I’m reading that wrong, which is possible, lol. And that’s the side that gets the double yarn overs/knit two togethers.

25 stitches on one side of the marker…minus 8 bind off stitches, then 8 knit two togethers leaves me with 1 stitch before the marker, no?

The only thing I can think of is I’m not counting the cast off stitches correctly?

2 Likes

I have knitted the close to you shawlette…lmk get some caffeine and revisit the pattern and my notes. I will be back to update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be amazing! The struggle is real, lol.

In the meantime I’ve frogged back to a safe place (I think). Hopefully I don’t have to restart for the…I’ve-lost-track-th time. This pattern will not defeat me!

1 Like

I checked and didn’t notice any notes about mistakes in the pattern.
Row 13 is where the error happened? My guess is an issue with the cast off/bind off part happened. When I bind off, I knit 2 sts then slip the first st over the second st. Even though I knitted 2 sts, that counts as 1 st for binding off…if that makes sense? So essentially you would knit 9 sts to BO 8 sts.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I do, too. I was thinking I messed that part up as well. I have no idea where I’m going wrong. I will try from my newly frogged-to spot. Thanks for checking!!

Now I feel like I need to knit another close to you shawlette… :slight_smile: Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

lol I decided to start mine as well…I have a lot of Malabrigo in my stash that needs to be used up!

2 Likes

Whoo hoo! Let’s do this :slight_smile:

3 Likes