LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Oh maybe, thatā€™s a good idea. If I donā€™t settle on something once one my my 3 long term WiPs is done that might me the thing to do. :yarn:

2 Likes

Hi! Loving scrolling through this thread <3

I started a shawl last night. Its called Ribbon Candy Shawl and I am super excited. I need to get a picture while it still looks weird. LOL I am using Bamboo Pop because I am in Texas and summer is just around the corner. This will be great over a sundress.

4 Likes

Here it is! As you can see, its going great! lol I hope.

6 Likes

Interesting! It does look weird! :laughing: Looking forward to seeing the progress.

2 Likes

I just found this thread and it was lovely to read through. Perfect timing too as I am looking for a few project to do in the evenings in front of the TV. That list of patterns on the first post is awesome @MistressJennie

6 Likes

Weeee! Row one was a doozy. But, I am starting row 2 and while there is counting, it is alot more intuitive. I am so used to projects that are 30, 40, 60 rows. But this will just be six rows. The counting of the chain and row one took all night last night.

I really like this next color. :slight_smile: Its all periwinkly/turquoisy. tea cheers

It still looks like seaweed but I am sticking with the process.

6 Likes

mmmm I love Mandala. I just grabbed two more cakes of the new sequiny Mandala colorways this weekend. And they just make the softest, drapiest shawls. Lovely!

1 Like

This looks interesting! Canā€™t wait to see how it progresses.

1 Like

Do you have a picture of what it will end up like??

1 Like

Hoping to work some shawl magic with this.

8 Likes

Pretty cake! Do you have a pattern picked out yet?

2 Likes

I am looking at fortuneā€™s shawlette on moogly, but it said to use a fingering (1) weight with a J (6.0mm) hook and this is a sport (2) weight and the J was kind of ridiculous there. Iā€™m going to try to use the recommended hook for the yarn and see what happens.

3 Likes

Ooo!! Thatā€™s so pretty! Good luck!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a gorgeous shawl! The difference between fingering and sport isnā€™t too huge when gauge isnā€™t critical, Iā€™m sure yours will be awesome.

2 Likes

And so it begins ā€¦
I feel like itā€™s a hot mess, but thatā€™s how I usually feel about all my projects at these early stages so Iā€™m pressing on.

8 Likes

ohhh! I made Mooglys shawlette! Itā€™s squishy and wonderful!

1 Like

You know that point in the project where you just wonderā€¦will I even like this. Iā€™m there. Row 1 and 2 were just so abstract and seaweed-like. Now that itā€™s taking its shapeā€¦ it is shrinking so much. I really thought this would be huge. I think I will have to try the next size up. But, I will push on and try to finish. Sidenote: I wanted a lightweight shawl but this particular pattern might have benefited a lot from a plushier yarn, too.

11 Likes

My last post sounded so negative. I am really enjoying just wanting to crochet after the last two years of being meh about it all. Crocheting the last week has been so relaxing and itā€™s been a lot of fun. Did I ever show you all my Klaziena?

13 Likes

Did you make it with a Thin yarn and a J hook like the pattern called for? Iā€™m wondering now if I shouldā€™ve gone with that. It feels very condensed here doing it with the hook recommended by the yarn. I think Iā€™m using a G. Iā€™m wondering if it will be as pretty if it isnt loosy goosy.
Current status:

4 Likes

Yep! I used a fingering weight wool/cashmere yarn and a J hook.

7 Likes