LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

More like “neglects near everything else” to hit a deadline” :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve done some shawl knitting in teams meetings and while the pattern is simple enough I must have messed up the increases. At least it was a symmetrical mistake :joy: I suddenly had one stitch left instead of two when reaching the middle marker on a eyelet row. I had to remove a k2tog on each side to get the right look,

I think I’ll double check the stitch count on both sides before continuing.

Edit: Yep, the middle marker is still in the middle :laughing:

4 Likes

I started the Sunday Shawl yesterday. I’m making it in fingering weight cotton, though, for a more summery-weight shawl. If I keep busy with projects, I might survive visiting my in-laws.

4 Likes

Sending you all the extra “dealing with in-laws” energy I can muster, you CERTAINLY need it! I’m glad you can at least do some crafting, I find just sitting with yarn and daydreaming about future projects to be a sanity saver at times. Just watch your tension- rage yarning can be murder on gauge! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you.:heart:

I actually like my DH’s parents, but they are in a special kind of funk right now. Oh well. Trip is almost over.

2 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

3 Likes

Seeing so many nice blends of colors. Comfort, form and fashion. Inspiring.

1 Like

I’ve almost finished my shawl, hopefully I’ll get it done in time to post for the challenge!

4 Likes

I’m on the same wavelength, though not close to finishing lol. Started the Pastoral Lace Knit shawl by Patons’ Yarnspiration here. I stalled out after line 2 of the lace part >.< but thankfully stumbled on a youtube video that went over the basics of the pattern that helped me over my speed bump.

10 Likes

Oooo…fancy!

2 Likes

Ooooh, this thread looks fun! Commenting now just so I’ll get reminders and not totally forget about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You’re off to a gorgeous start, @sheepBlue!

I’m about 80% of the way through the base of the Sunday Shawl. I’m excited to get to the color part! Not gonna lie, I totally ordered more colors from Hobbii.

6 Likes

I had to scroll up from your other post to see how this was done. I am so happy to see you tackling this - I have many similar ones favorited, but have yet to tackle one.

2 Likes

I finished the crocheting and have to block my fortune’s shawlette. I think I did the thing wrong so maybe I’ll call it “heavily inspired by…” haha
Pics once it’s blocked. :o)

4 Likes

I’ve gotten to the colored border of my shawl, and can’t decide on colors. :person_facepalming: I would love and appreciate opinions. I adore that yellow and really want it to work, but I’m not sure it does.

3 Likes

Is the border straight stripes or a pattern? If you love the yellow could it be the outer edge and do a picot or something wavy to be like sun rays? Other thoughts: Do you want it to be more calming or more energizing? That would inform the choosing.

2 Likes

I like any of the inclusions of the yellow - i wouldn’t chose it, but when i see others do it, i realize i would have been wrong.

2 Likes

The border is lacy, every row different, and there would be 19 rows of color. I’d probably use each color at least twice. I want something bright and cheerful, like flowers, in real contrast to the pale and neutral grey.

1 Like

Maybe keep the colors in the same depth then? Like, drop the palest tones and marry the gold with the deeper ones to make it stand out a little less?

3 Likes

I’m finally blocking my shawl:

7 Likes