LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Abbee is right, itโ€™s lovely!

1 Like

I made this shawl for Chr1stchan for the Teenie Weenie Halloweenie swap

I actually started a pattern a lot like this over 5 years ago and thought Iโ€™d finish it for the swap. I figured it was almost half way done and it would only take me an hour or two to finish.
Easy right? Ahโ€ฆ. I quickly found out why Iโ€™d abandoned it in the first place. The pattern was so hard to figure out! It was written in another language and the diagram I had printed had faded over the years. It was impossible for me to read. Determined to make it I found The Lost Souls pattern on Ravelry and a fantastic tutorial by Fiber Spider on YouTube.
Seriously the easiest tutorial to follow. It stitched up super fast and easy.
I kept it on the smaller side to save time but I think itโ€™s big enough to call a shawl and could even be used as a scarf or even a wrap for around your waist.
I used about 1 1/2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in black.

8 Likes

Thatโ€™s sooo cool!!! Way to persevere!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Gorgeous shawl!! Your skulls have a lot of definition and the color is a nice change from the black ones I have seen! A lovely project!

2 Likes

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

Itโ€™s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

1 Like

Fiber Spider is awesome! You did a great job with this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He has to be the most articulate and patient YouTuber out there. Not only is he thorough but he speaks like he always has a smile on his face.

2 Likes

I love his soothing voice and I also got through some confusing parts of the pattern thanks to him. I need to find a shawl projectโ€ฆoff to see what he has been up to!

1 Like

Agreed, Fiber Spider is awesome.

2 Likes

Adare shawl, super pretty.

3 Likes

HELP please!!!

I have this random yarn that I bought many years ago with no real purpose. I started to make a shawl for my friend who likes yellows, but Iโ€™m tornโ€ฆ

Ignoring all the ends that are currently tied pending weaving in (and the mess everywhere), do I continue with this ? Itโ€™s not giving me the happy feels, more of a โ€˜mehโ€™.

Options:

1. continue as is
  2. Frog and make a tapered shawl, this kinda style: Ravelry: Pine Lake Shawl pattern by Jaala Spiro
  3. Frog and make a scarf (no idea of style yet)
  4. Hide it again and 4.1 finish another wip or 4.2 start something new and completely different
  5. Other options

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Just by posting this you are most likely in a place where frogging is the way to go. If you are meh then you are also likely tuned into your friend also being meh. I know when I work on a project for a friend who has totally different taste than me but i feel like itโ€™s a โ€œheck ya!โ€ project for them then I dont have the โ€œmehโ€ feeling I would have just seeing it out in the wild or whatever. Does that make sense?

If you think the yarn is a โ€œheck ya!โ€ for your friend then finding a new pattern will be fun. If the yarn is the meh factor then donating it might be the most pleasant way to go.

5 Likes

I think youโ€™re right, I think the yarn is the right yarn, itโ€™s just the project thatโ€™s dull. Itโ€™s been in timeout for ages so I think frogging is unfortunately the way forward.

I think Iโ€™ll start again with whatโ€™s left of the yarn (a fair amount!) and see how I like the next project before frogging. At least then I can test the yarn.

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s what I am going to do as wellโ€ฆI will start with a fresh skein and then if I need more, I will frog what I already did. I refuse to work on projects that I am just not into (ha ha which is why I have a pile of mendingโ€ฆthose are tasks, not joyful making!)

3 Likes

Me too!, Just dug some bits out to fix, then went for a walk!!

2 Likes

At the thrift store. Handmade, double sided tube. Impossible to wear, just awkward, but WOW! All the lovely yarn & stitches.

I didnโ€™t buy it, even though it was only 3 bucks. What would I have done with it but wish I had made it myself!

4 Likes

Was it some sort of scarf? It could be cut into boot toppers or leggings of some sortโ€ฆ

I am going to work on this shawlโ€ฆ

Floral Shawl

1 Like

My first thought was a clan of sweatered monsters since the pattern repeats. Although, if you fold it in on itself, add a bit of interfacing and a bottom, it would be a great project storage basket.

1 Like

No way that was coming home with me. I have my own ridiculous stash Iโ€™m tryna bust already!

3 Likes