LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Okay…I just started mine.

At row 13:
You start with 25 sts before the marker.
After BO of 8 sts, you have 17 sts left before the marker (one on right needle, 16 on left needle with the marker). You work the 16 sts, i.e. (double yo, k2tog) x8.

3 Likes

OK, I will try again. Clearly it’s something I’m doing, LOL.

Haha @AIMR - I might be a little too ambitious…we’ll see. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

You got this!

2 Likes

After two repeats…with many more to go.

5 Likes

You’ve already caught up to me! Actually passed me I think with my frogging. :sweat_smile: looking so good!!

2 Likes

Lol…I am setting it aside for now to finish the tube sock I started :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, I’m going to try to jump back into this. I have purchased yarn specifically for shawls (the Virus Shawl and 2 from Simply Crochet magazine, for starters). I’m hoping that I’ll have some time during my brand new Crochet (& Knitting) Club that starts after school tomorrow (at least after a few weeks).

2 Likes

The Virus Shawl is one of my favorite go-tos!

2 Likes

I…started over again, lol.

I’m at row 13…moment of truth…wish me luck!

Update: Past row 14 now and still have 25 stitches on the one side of the marker. So far so good…

4 Likes

Look at you!! Well done!!! I knew you can do it :slight_smile:

Tbh, the 25 sts before/after the marker is the most crucial bit since that’s where you bind off and cast on again. The other remaining sts, if you’re off a smidge it might look wonky but shouldn’t throw you off by much.

I, erm, might or might not have found a pocket of time to knit yesterday…so I have done 9 repeats. It’s gonna take longer to do each repeat as it progresses…

2 Likes

Yes, I think the only upside of starting this pattern over so many times is I really get the sequence now, lol.

9 repeats! That’s awesome!

Here’s my handy tracker so I don’t lose my place…I’m still on my first repeat. :laughing:

3 Likes

You’re so much more organized with how you keep track of things…mine is a hot mess :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha…I can see the organization!

2 Likes

Tries not to make eye contact with the neglected shawl languishing in a basket nearby while reading about all this shawl productivity going on in other houses

6 Likes

I went into the fancy yarn shop at lunch and squeezed a few delicious skeins. The neglected baby afghan in my bag wouldn’t let me buy anything though.

4 Likes

It’s my only knitting project right now, so it’s getting all my attention. But hmmm, I want to start another pair of socks soon. The change to cooler weather is making me want to knit!

3 Likes

I know how that feels…I keep putting yarns in my online shopping carts and abandoning the carts when I see the laundry baskets full of yarn in my craft space.

4 Likes

I am motoring along…I suggest putting a marker on the RS of your work…a couple of times, I almost did the skk, kfb on the lace section of the shawl…that would definitely give you one extra stitch!

I am only having to count rows 3 and 4 as I have the pattern memorized so you can see my chicken scratches on the back of the pattern…

The yarn I am using is a heathered tweed wool…it will block nicely.

6 Likes

Yes, I think it’s very possible I did this. I am 100% aware of which stitch goes where and how it relates to the fabric I’m creating…now, lol. Just took me 5-6 restarts to get there. :sweat_smile:

You’re doing awesome!!

6 Likes

I get distracted a lot so I have to set up visual cues either on the pattern or the project itself…anything to help me remember what I am doing…it really is a nice pattern, with just enough to keep the real boring parts in control!

3 Likes