LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

I will say, I have NOT been able to watch anything while working on this pattern. I get lost in both my knitting and the show!

4 Likes

I like the color of the yarn I am usingā€¦it was either this or a brighter tropical-hued yarn.

8 Likes

Dang, thatā€™s pretty.

2 Likes

I hope that you are finding the spots that are tripping you upā€¦just a little thing I did with this patternā€¦when you do ROW 14ā€¦it is really easy to lose count here because of the double YOsā€¦
Just remember that the first K is always in a stitch, the second K is one of the YOs, and the P is in the last YOā€¦this three part pattern gives you 24 stitchesā€¦and the last stitch is just K, giving you 25.

Check to be sure that on row 13, before you do the double YOs, that there are 16 stitches that you will be knitting together after each double YOā€¦16+8+1 stitch on needle=25.

You can do this! Once you get further along, the pattern grows and it does become easier!

4 Likes

Good tips!

And after awhile, the pattern is stuck in your noggin because it is repetitive.

Also something else I find usefulā€¦the ssk st always occurs after knitting 25 sts and moving the marker. So if you have knitted a whole bunch of sts (i.e more than 25) before the marker, you donā€™t do a ssk st.

2 Likes

Yes! Great tips you guys! These are almost exactly the things Iā€™m doing to keep myself on track.

I have found that row 14 is my problem row. I donā€™t know exactly what happens but thatā€™s where the extra stitch appears. If I am super careful and count after every knit, knit, purl, I manage to make it through with 25 stitches! I have the pattern completely memorized at this point because Iā€™ve been through it so many times even though I only have 3 repeats done. But hey! 3 repeats! Woot!

7 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

Yes! Looking great!

2 Likes

@loves2experiment & @AIMR - I think I would have given up if not for you ladies. Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Those shawls are gorgeous!

This is the one I picked up a couple days ago. Itā€™s just a simple, linen stitch in a bulky-ish yarn, so itā€™s going quickly. This is the yarn I spun up from a couple Noro Rainbow Rolls, and the scarf is for a friend for Christmas.

7 Likes

That yarn is absolutely gorgeous. Lucky friend!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

It is a very special gift indeedā€¦the yarn really is the showstopper!

2 Likes

Thanks! I love Noro. Itā€™s so wonderfully slubby and tweed-y. It was a fun spin.

3 Likes

The noro scarf just needs a couple buttons and itā€™s done.

Aaaand, I started a new shawl for my sister. Sheā€™s going through h*** right now, and I canā€™t be there to hug her since she lives 1200 miles away. So, Iā€™m going to send her a hug. Itā€™s the Victorian Shawl.

9 Likes

Nice! Beautiful start on the next one too.

Iā€™ve got 8 repeats done. Moving along!

8 Likes

It looks great!!!

I am on repeat #16 but I am going to go until I am out of yarnā€¦might as well use up the two skeins I hadā€¦

4 Likes

I am halfway through the last full repeat and then itā€™s time for the final with picot edging. If I recall correctly, that edging took me forever to knitā€¦

3 Likes

I think iā€™m going to frog my current shawl-gift back to zero and start fresh. Itā€™s been rolling about in the WiP basket for months while I worked on other things and it deserves a fresh start.

4 Likes

I really hate the picot edgesā€¦too frilly for me ā€¦I think I am going to just skip it.

@AntBee --I think I am going to do that with my angel wing shawlā€¦the designer has done so many corrections that I am not sure where I am at and if I have already got past where she made correctionsā€¦it is taking me too long to figure out so I think I am going to frog it as well and use the yarn for something elseā€¦I have should know not to buy ā€œnewā€ patterns until they have been tested in the field by hundreds of knittersā€¦I got a correction on a pattern I bought two years ago!!! I am glad I did not start that oneā€¦lolā€¦and now I probably never willā€¦ugh

4 Likes