LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

I’ve gotten to the colored border of my shawl, and can’t decide on colors. :person_facepalming: I would love and appreciate opinions. I adore that yellow and really want it to work, but I’m not sure it does.

3 Likes

Is the border straight stripes or a pattern? If you love the yellow could it be the outer edge and do a picot or something wavy to be like sun rays? Other thoughts: Do you want it to be more calming or more energizing? That would inform the choosing.

2 Likes

I like any of the inclusions of the yellow - i wouldn’t chose it, but when i see others do it, i realize i would have been wrong.

2 Likes

The border is lacy, every row different, and there would be 19 rows of color. I’d probably use each color at least twice. I want something bright and cheerful, like flowers, in real contrast to the pale and neutral grey.

1 Like

Maybe keep the colors in the same depth then? Like, drop the palest tones and marry the gold with the deeper ones to make it stand out a little less?

3 Likes

I’m finally blocking my shawl:

7 Likes

I like option B! I can’t decide if that’s just because it’s basically all the colors though, lol. I guess the lime green isn’t in there…

@AntBee - Yesss!

3 Likes

It’s lovely!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I appreciate all the feedback. I went with option E, eliminating the lightest colors, adding the warm green to balance out the plethora of cooler colors. So far, it looks like the Tulip Festival or Easter…and that’s pretty much what I was shooting for.

12 Likes

That’s great, and timely! I’m glad you found a way to get what you wanted from it.

2 Likes

It looks great! It’s so hard to pick colors!!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes! This is usually why I work in solids/semi-solids.

2 Likes

Nothing left to do but weave in the ends and wash. Do I block cotton?

13 Likes

Absolutely lovely!

2 Likes

Washing and laying flat to dry is usually all blocking it needs.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s all I’ve done with the couple cotton things I’ve made, mostly because they’re wearables that were just going to get stretched out with use. I might go through the trouble of pinning the picots, though. Those things were a pain and I want them to pop. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Sounds like a good plan to stick som pins in them if you can’t push them into shape.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Abbeeroad and @MistressJennie ! I’ll post more pics when I have it all finished. It turned out huge and I love it.

1 Like