LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

The colors you chose work great! I’m glad you love the end result, that’s such an important part of the process when one finally allows time to make something to keep and not a gift for others.

3 Likes

Plugging away on this pastoral place shawl. Switched yarns, and am pretty sure I’ll have to buy more in this colorway to finish the whole thing. Woe is me :wink:

9 Likes

Ooo…I like this color. I was so confused for a second - what happened to the pink? lol…did you start over? The lace part makes for interesting texture. I’m sure it’ll look different after blocking but it’s looking pretty cool rn!

1 Like

Blocking will look way different, you can’t see the lace at all right now.

I got screwed up in the pattern in the sunset colors and had to frog in my frustration lol.

4 Likes

@sheepBlue , it’s got such a nice texture! Can’t wait to see what it opens up into.

My Sunday shawl is pinned and drying! I was hoping to wear it on Easter - looks like I’ll be able to.

11 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

That looks so festive, beautiful edging.

Here’s a bad attempt to show the lace, still hard to see…

9 Likes

So pretty! That’s going to be just gorgeous after blocking!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! It’s absolutely visible but subtle which, I think, goes great with that yarn.

1 Like

So Many talented friends here!

1 Like

Blocking my pastoral lace shawl finally

9 Likes

That looks so gorgeous, wow.

1 Like

I need another shawl like I need a hole in the head! But, seeing all of these beauties makes me want to do another one!

I am scrapping my angel wings shawl because the designer put out so many corrections after I started and I am not sure where the mistakes are going to cause me to mess up further into the rows…I am not inclined to start it all over even though I think she finally got a “final” pattern. So frustrating…anyway, I know how loads of neutral yarn so your shawl looks very inviting @tendstowardschaos ! I also have lots of colorful yarns leftover from various afghans I have … yours turned out so beautifully!

5 Likes

Yep, gorge!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Oh ya, omg, so fantastic with all that marvelous colour!

1 Like

Oh, wow! That is stunning!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I love the neutral/not neutral nature of the yarn. It all depends on the light.

Here’s my next project; I want to do sort of a neutral brownish ombre with a pop of blue lines. I need to draw out how I want to do the striping before I start though…

10 Likes

I made a shawl (well several) a couple of years ago when I got on a shawl pattern-finding kick, as well as a yarn cake kick. I gave one as a gift and the other ine has been languising with no owner.

I have a friend who would love the colour way, so I may frog it and do a new version. She is a bigger lady, so I think the design needs to be longer across, where this one is quite long down the point of the triangle.

Does anyone have pattern recommendations for a good large sized shawl? I have two cakes of yarn in this shawl.

1 Like

Are we talking a solid colourway or something with multiple colours? Some patterns go better with solid, or long colour changes, or what have you…

2 Likes