LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

For anyone wanting to join in, you don’t have to use gradient yarn to still get an awesome shawl (as someone who loves stripes). I’m using one gradient and one solid yarn for mine.

4 Likes

Im using two not completely full skeins of knitpicks chroma, one is solid black and the other is “vermont”

7 Likes

Hmmm I do like the sound of “easy chill pattern…”

4 Likes

Ooo. The black will set off the color nicely!!

I have no gradients, but a nice skein of speckled fingering yarn I’ve been looking to use…I know you’ve made this with fingering before right, Em? I might have to buy another skein to go with it…I have been meaning to check out my LYS…

1 Like

The solid dark looks great with all that color! I can see that this is a good way to use up some of the mixed yarns easily!

I have done the linen stitch with odd colored yarns to blend them, but that is such a slow, laborious stitch!

2 Likes

This shawl works with any weight of yarn, as long as both colors are a similar weight.

The first boomarang I made years ago was done with fingering; a solid white yarn and a speckled rainbow yarn and it’s one of my favorites still. The one I’m working on now is fingering too.

4 Likes

Ah…it looked more worsted weight in the photo.

I may have accidentally bought some yarn on sale to start this…a rainbow gradient and an oatmeal. At least it was on sale? :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Shopping with purpose is great! I need to do that more often… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I was sitting at the dining table last night at dinner (being eaten over my not-totally-finished placemats! Seriously. I never wove the last ends in before we just started using them. :woman_facepalming:t3:) looking at the yarn cabinet across the room and thought maybe I’ll just make a super big placemat as a wrap with one of the Cotton Kings cakes. I can’t decide if it would be relaxing and meditative or mind-numbingly boring. :thinking:

1 Like

Hmmmm it does walk that line at times…

2 Likes

Plus, it’s not like I don’t already have started: a sock(s), a dog sweater, a kid sweater, and the final place mat.

But that yarn wants to be worked up, too! lol

I did do a large stockinette blanket with seed stitch border and lived… and this would be shorter…

3 Likes

ummmmm, I know I put myself in this position but I didn’t count on running out of my colored yarn so quickly…I thought I had more than that left in the skein :grimacing:

I’m thinking of transitioning to white/black for the rest of it to keep it neutral and let the color side pop? Yeah…hope I have enough white yarn left haha. (I guess there can be a downside to destashing too effectively…)

8 Likes

I like the idea of offsetting the color with white/black!! You’re so far! I haven’t cast on yet though I do have my yarn ready.

4 Likes

I agree with Abbie, white would really let that color section pop, @sheepBlue.

Don’t forget! Today is World Wide Knit in Public Day. If you get a chance, whip out those needles if you’re out and about. :relaxed::yarn:

3 Likes

I did find that my LYS is having a little knitting circle in front of their shop today but I’m not sure I’ll make it over there. Maybe I’ll bring my knitting to the girls’ tennis practice today!

4 Likes

Awesome! Our town’s start of Summer celebration is today, so we’re going to that. If the boys aren’t giving DH too rough of a time, I’ll sneak away to my LYS’s knitting get-together for a while.

2 Likes

Started the Double Gradient Boomerang Shawl with two random skeins…not a lot of colors, so it might not turn out as I wanted, but it is an easy pattern to take and also do while watching shows…

7 Likes

Looking good!! I STILL haven’t cast on. I am not good at having multiple projects going. I have to finish my sweater first!

2 Likes

I have six shawls going on at the same time. At some point, I just pick one and become obsessed with finishing it. Feast or famine…I do want to finish my Catalona flower shawl while it is still summer!

4 Likes

Six?! Oh, well, now I don’t feel so self-conscious about the five projects on my hooks and needles. :joy:

3 Likes