LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Wow, that is gorgeous! I’d love to see how long it is. Is it more of a capelet or is it longer than that? Either way, that pattern is beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

So lacy…I can see wearing that all spring and summer…a bit romantic…

2 Likes

What a lovely shawl! Thanks for the link too. One can never have too many shawl patterns. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s pretty small for a shawl. I will try to get an action shot.

It was easier than a thought it was going to be. Lace always seemed very intimidating to me but once I concentrated on each row -which is not easy for me as I am very easily distracted- it worked up very fast.

2 Likes

HELP!!

I have two Lion Brand Cupcakes in my stash. I found a pattern that I have been wanting to make for some time, but it contains a lot of puff stitches. I started the shawl last night and it is already too heavy and thick for this yarn (yeah, yeah, the pattern called for fingering weight and I ignored it…)…

Can anyone recommend a pattern for this worsted weight yarn? A more airy pattern perhaps? I don’t want to do another virus shawl…I spent way too many hours on Ravelry and still can’t find something that is not too boring and not too complicated…ha ha…not asking for too much…HELP!

3 Likes

Linda - that skull pattern I just did would lend itself well to a heavier yarn weight too. :wink: :skull:

3 Likes

I have that pattern but I want to make it in a solid to show off the skulls…this is one of those gradient colors cupcake thingy…550 yards per ball…it has been in my stash for too long…I love the colors but now that I live in a warmer climate, I need shawls that I can wear indoors without looking like an old lady…ha ha…

3 Likes

@AIMR, how about this one:

I made it a year or so ago from a worsted weight and it worked up nicely. If you used a slightly bigger hook, you’d get a more airy texture. The pattern is discontinued, but I have the PDF, and it was a free download, so I don’t think there’d be a problem sharing it.
4 Likes

Thanks! I think the yarn I have would work…I am going to make the one I have but get lighter weight yarn…all those puffs and FP DC really do make a very thick scarf or shawl when using the heavier yarn…

If you could send me the PDF that would be great…I really want to use up this stash yarn to stay up with this craftalong!

3 Likes

I sent it to the gmail address I had for you. Let me know if you don’t get it.

4 Likes

I did the Secret Paths shawl in an Aran (medium) weight but tbh was a bit dissatisfied with how heavy it ended up being. That’s not much help, I know… Seems like the one from @MistressJennie is probably the best bet. Looking forward to seeing what you think - I have some similar yarns in my stash and no idea whatsoever what to do with them.

1 Like

I like the look of this one, and it does seem to have a lot of openwork, but it is a paid pattern.

2 Likes

I love that one! I think for the stitches to be shown off, I want to do it in a solid. I have some gorgeous yarn that I think will work…

The one Jennie sent me seems to be working out well…it is a simple pattern repeat so the color changes will be fine and the stitches not as important…it is fast as well…I wanted to get my shawl done from stash before playing with newer yarns…

5 Likes

I had two Lion Brand Cupcake balls left in my stash. Jennie was kind enough to direct me to a simple pattern that worked well with this worsted weight yarn. I decided to make two shawlettes that I could wear as scarves to add a bit of color to some boring white blouses.

Here is the first one I made following the pattern as written (Simple Crochet Shawl --pattern no longer available online)–basically, it was shell stitches and double crochet in alternating rows with a picot edge:

In the second one, I reversed and started at the other end (it was easy…just pulled out the middle from the Cupcake)…used basically the same pattern but threw in a few FPDC and changed up how many rows to shell and double crochet. I also added tassels because…tassels!

Both are large enough to wear over my shoulders as well, but I do prefer a larger shawl that goes down further.

On to the next shawl, which will be the Mimosa Shawl that I originally wanted to do but that required lighter yarn. I think I have that in my stash as well…

Thanks for looking! Keep on crocheting!

10 Likes

Oh, @AIMR, they look amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks…that is what is wonderful about these yarns…they do most of the work! :smiley:

I try to alternate and improve on my stitch knowledge by doing projects in solids as well…perhaps that awesome skull pattern!!!

2 Likes

I agree that the skull pattern needs to be a solid. I have done several, all in solids, and this last one in Mandala Wizard, which is funky.

2 Likes

Ooh @AIMR, the shawls turned out so great!

I think the skulls could be done in a variegated yarn, but it’d have to be a long color shift for my taste.

2 Likes

@AIMR, your shawls came out wonderfully! Love the color schemes.

1 Like