LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Crochet Shawl-Along Challenge Entry: Lapping Waves Shawl
Pattern Used: Lapping Waves Shawl
Yarn Used: Lion Brand Mandala Tweed Stripe in White Elephant (About 2.5 skeins)

I loved the pattern and how much it can use up! This was literally the first shawl I ever made! I had some of the yarn but did have to purchase a third skein just so it was big enough for my liking! I think I might have caught the “shawl bug” because I’m thinking of making more of these they are pretty easy to make and I think would make beautiful gifts!

10 Likes

That turned out beautiful!! The soft rainbow colors are lovely in the stark winter. I got into making shawls when I didn’t have another project on the go. They usually don’t have a recipient in mind, but is very very handy and usually much appreciated as a spontaneous or last minute gift.

2 Likes

It is really pretty!

I am doing a similar pattern only instead of dcbp, it is dcfp and triple crochet…kind of looks like shells and not waves…funny how just changing one stitch can create such different looks!

I have some gorgeous blue yarn that would suit that pattern better…the hook kept getting stuck in the triples…

Yes…they do make handy gifts or just a nice pop of color on a drab day! It looks really nice on you draped like you have it!

3 Likes

I really love how that came out- great colorway for it.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see yours!!! I would love have a shell looking one! Now I’m exciting to see the pattern! I had some more “beach” yarn I was trying to go through!

2 Likes

The Lapping Waves Shawl came out so beautifully! Well done.

2 Likes

This is the one I am doing using fingering cream yarn to make a more lacy shawl for the warmer climate I live in…

Simple Crochet Shawl

1 Like

Oh my it’s like the same shawl bit front post instead of back like you said! I think I am confident enough to attempt it as well! I have a couple skeins of Yarn Bee I’ve been looking for an excuse to use! I can’t wait to see yours!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s the one. or two? LOL :smile: I am going to try both patterns, thank you ladies! I have 2 different sorts of mandala rainbow yarn purchased on our trip to Asheville and I have been sitting on it because I haven’t loved any of the patterns I’ve tried to start. Those wild waves are just right. Thanks again!

2 Likes

working on my lighter weight shawl using yarn gifted to me by @loves2experiment! I love it when I have yarn that I have to think of suitable projects to use it…it is fun to experiment…ha ha

7 Likes

I almost thought that was our tried and true virus shawl pattern at first. It looks great!

1 Like

It is similar…it goes fast once you figure out how many chains you need at the beginning of a row…when it is worn around the neck, the ridges curl up a bit and look like shells…it is my binge watch tv project…

3 Likes

you ladies are so inspiring! Now, after this insane week is finally ending, I get to dig in my stash and pull some things out. I think I have a few skeins of thicker yarn that I’d like to use up first so I will see what’s there and grab a pattern for them after. So glad to get making!

2 Likes

Great! I also have some thicker yarn and want to make something besides another hat…

3 Likes

This is really pretty!

There are so many shawl patterns I would love to try, but I don’t know if I need to make anymore shawls (as I sit here at 7pm, in 33C (91F) heat.)

1 Like

oof! That’s “wear ONLY a shawl” weather! haha

4 Likes

You are braver than I :laughing:

3 Likes

Finally finishing my dragon wing shawl that I started way back during the Asheville meetup! This first blocking didn’t quite take, but I’m really thrilled with how it turned out.

12 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

blocking makes all the difference in that pattern! Nice…

I have made very little progress on my Dragon but I am nearly halfway on the simple one with lighter yarn…I hope to have it done by the end of the week…

2 Likes