Leafy Moon

Hello Lettuce Crafters,
I recently saw a pretty pattern that I wanted to embroider called Leafy Moons, it’s a free pattern offered by the textile artist, Jenny Blair. Instead of stitching paper as designed, I stitched this leafy moon on a new tea towel I already had in my stash.

I chose a muted palette of sagey greens, mauvy pink, light blue and soft yellow. I added a few more stars than was written on the pattern, but kept it pretty simple.

It’s been a long time since I’ve stitched or made anything for the pleasure of making, I enjoyed these familiar movements, needle up, needle down - repeat. My meditation.
:white_flower: :last_quarter_moon_with_face: :leaves:

35 Likes

This is so pretty and such a lovely wintertime stitch! The colorway is so calming.

2 Likes

Thank you! Stitching it was calming too, I did the entire thing during one epic phone call with my Auntie last night, lol!

3 Likes

That will give it special memories forever!

2 Likes

Very pretty! I love the ferns…soft and feathery…

2 Likes

Soft and lovely colors

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!
I love the design and the colors you picked.

2 Likes

It’s so soothing and beautiful.

2 Likes

Meditation with a lovely outcome!

3 Likes

This is so beautiful! Your stitching is wonderful!

2 Likes

Beautiful and peaceful… I love it. And I love your obelisks

2 Likes

Those muted colors are so lovely. :heart:

2 Likes

This is so pretty. I absolutely LOVE that color pink with the greens of the leaves. It is so pretty. The entire color palette is perfect. Beautiful stitches too!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Of course, the muted colors you picked make it even better.
How nice that you have a useful, beautiful item at the end of the project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I love these colors too, and now I’m in a mind to stitch a forest of leafy ferns, I really do enjoy making (and seeing) that particular stitch.

:tada: Congratulations! Your super awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

So pretty. I love the colors you used!

1 Like

So very pretty. That would be gorgeous on an altar cloth. It’s so calm and peaceful, really lovely.

1 Like

This is gorgeous, love the soft colours! :herb:

1 Like

Beautiful! And I love your color palette.

1 Like