Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket

This blanket used up a lot of yarn from my stash!

Pattern: Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket, Twin size (~66" x 90")
Hook: I (5.5 mm)
Yarn: 11,560 yards total (~10570 meters & ~6.5 miles!) - Lion Brand Mandala, Gnome colorway (19.35 skeins); Lion Brand Pound of Love, Oxford Grey colorway (0.14 skeins)

(I made this in 2020, but I just realized I never posted it in its own thread.)

This blanket was made with two strands of the Mandala yarn held together. I started both strands with the same color, and then when I needed to add more yarn, I split the new yarn cake and matched the colors. For the border, I did two rounds of single crochet using the grey Lion Brand Pound of Love (using a single strand).

This was a fun project to work on - I really enjoyed it & I’ll probably use the pattern again someday. :slight_smile:

Folded in quarters:

Some in-progress pictures:

23 Likes

That is utterly fantastic. Just WOW!

1 Like

This is so, so pretty! It feels just right for the transitional seasons: spring and fall. Both for the colors and the finer texture/weight it looks like it has. I think the particular grey you used it just right! It blends a little, but also sets off the colors of the stripes.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually pretty heavy because I held 2 strands of yarn together (~6.5 lb).

Even better! Aesthetically light, but functionally cozy! Great for cool morning and evenings!

1 Like

Beautiful work!

1 Like

It’s beautiful!
I love the bright colors and the stitch you used.
And it’s huge.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Wow, some dedicated color-matching/ color-continuation! It turned out so beautiful. I also love the idea of making the edge a different, finer texture by just using a single strand there. You thought about every detail!

1 Like

Impressive! It is lovely.

1 Like

:revolving_hearts: Eep! Your stupendous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

This makes my bright color and rainbow loving heart melt! It’s so pretty!!!

1 Like

I love this so much. The colors look beautiful together.

1 Like

I love how bright this is! :hearts:

1 Like

So bright and cheerful. Mandala Gnome is one of my favourite yarns.

1 Like

Thank you!! :grin:

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

This is really beautiful! What a great way to bring some bright indoors when it’s grey outside :smiley:

1 Like