Leather ballerina slippers

I made these two pairs of slippers for the OWS in October and since the second pair finally arrived I can now post pictures here.
They are both made of leather and I lined the sole with a cosy fleece inside.

21 Likes

My goodness these are cute and comfy-looking!

1 Like

My popsicle toes are jealous!

1 Like

wow–they are pretty fantastic! I just thought making shoes would be so difficult out of leather…must be soft and comfy!

1 Like

They look cute, cosy and fun to wear!

2 Likes

Wonderful slippers, and I bet they’ll be comfy and durable to wear too!

1 Like

These are so great!

2 Likes

You MADE these? They are gorgeous and look so professional!

2 Likes

These are so awesome!! Love the cherries.

1 Like

Thank you, ladies!

@MightyMitochondria I made the first leather slippers when my daughter was little. It’s not that difficult as long as you have a good sewing machine and the right needles :slightly_smiling_face: Sometimes it’s a bit tricky to sew several layers of leather. Actually the slippers for adults are much easier to make than those for tiny feet :smile:

4 Likes

These are amazing!!!

1 Like

Soooo cool! I love your little decorations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely! I’ve used leather for a few bags and also as slipper soles and the inside seam when turning is always what gets me. Great Job!

1 Like

The blue/red ones are mine! And they are really adorable!! I’m very happy with them!

1 Like

These are fabulous! And so well constructed :grinning:

1 Like

Well, would you just take a look at that! :star_struck: This crafted-up awesomeness is a Featured Project this week. CONGRATS! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Love a usable craft and these are so unique and awesome!

2 Likes

Wow, these are so great! I have been watching a lot of shoe making videos and am eager to try a proper turn shoe but I’m going to start with soft slippers like these. Thank you for the inspiration! Do you add anything non-slip to the soles? I read that dots of dimensional puffy paint work well but haven’t tried that myself.

1 Like

These are great!
Reminded me that my daughter needs a new pair :grinning:
I didn’t realize you are from Germany until I recognized the pattern :wink:

1 Like

Are you from Germany, too???