Lemon Blueberry Scones

Here is my first foray into scones, lemon blueberry scones. Omg, they were amazing!!! I’m drooling and craving a batch of these just typing this!

So I assumed that scones were finicky and hard to make. Let me tell you, they aren’t! The main special thing that is needed is to freeze your butter and then grate it with a cheese grater. To start you mix your dry ingredients then cut in your butter with a pasty cutter. You mix your wet ingredients next and then drizzle over the top over the dry ingredients. Mix these together until it just comes together, don’t over mix it. Then you make a round and flat circle and cut your scones out of that. Brush your scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar and bake! When they are bit cooled, drizzle on the lemon glaze.

Here is the recipe. Sally is amazing!

12 Likes

These look awesome! Honestly any recipe where I have to “cut in butter” generally leads to frustration for me. I’m so impressed with your baking skills!

1 Like

They look so good - you just need a pot of Earl Grey tea and you’ll be all set!

2 Likes

[wipes drool from corner of mouth] YUM! These look great and your description of making them makes it seem so doable! Maybe this fall, I’ll give it a try. :thinking:

1 Like

Like @Abbeeroad, I tend to steer away from recipes where it tells me to cut in the butter. These look and sound amazingly delicious!

2 Likes

This is shocking to me! Your cookies are legendary. And also validating, lol. :smile:

3 Likes

These look phenomenal and I bet they smell divine!!! And taste even better! Lemon and blueberry is such a delicious combination!

I used to work at a coffee shop in West Edmonton Mall. It was a lifetime ago. We made scones from scratch every day, only ours were cheese scones and maple scones. (The place was called The Maple Sugar Shack.) we made fudge too, but that’s another story. :smiley:

2 Likes