Lemonade tins

I made these! It took aaaaaaages! But I do love miniatures, even if I’m not a super pro like some of you. The blue tin is a raffle prize for the Nerd Games but the red one is for me! It took forrrrrever to make the little lemonade pitcher so I’m keeping it. :grin:

24 Likes

Oh, wow! These are totally amazing! How did you make the glasses and pitcher?

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

The pitcher was a pen cap, cut down and with the rounded tip sanded flat to form the base. I used a heat gun to soften the cut end and then used a metal clay sculpting tool to pull the spout from the softened plastic. The handle was a bit of the detritus left from cutting the cap down, again the heat gun was used to curve it. Then I superglued it onto the side. You definitely want to use long tweezers when holding something so tiny near a heat gun! It’s a miracle that I’m blister-free. :grimacing:

The glasses were part of a clear drinking straw cut to desired length. I put a little blob of hot glue on some waxed paper and set one end of the straw in it to form the bottom of the cup. When it was cool, I trimmed off the excess paper and glue.

I used E6000 to create the illusion of stuff in the jug and glasses. I had teeny polymer clay fruit slices that I bought online years ago. I cut minuscule slices in some of them to garnish the glasses, and used a toothpick to push a few down into the glue that was in the pitcher.

9 Likes

Love, love, love. And I’m so happy you posted your process and materials. Because I definitely wanted to know!

2 Likes

These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing your process!

2 Likes

Wow! That is insane. I love miniature but they are so much work. I bet the feeling of accomplishment is amazing though. It should be. These are adorable! So very Spring and fun. The pitcher looks amazing!

2 Likes

I love these, but I love reading about how you made them even more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is so cool to know how people use everyday things to make these miniatures! A drinking straw becomes glasses? I am amazed at this world of miniature stuff…

Your lemonade looks cool and refreshing…so realistic!

3 Likes

THESE ARE AMAZING! Your tiny lemonade glasses and pitcher as the bees knees! Thanks for sharing your construction methods.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!! :grin:

1 Like

You did a great job on these! I agree that the pitcher is pretty darn impressive and those lemon slices are so tiny and perfect for this!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

This is absolutely adorable!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Congrats! Your lemonade tin is of this week’s featured projects.

3 Likes

Woot! Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Fantastic! What a clever way to make the pitcher!

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe you made that pitcher. It’s fabulous!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

Thanks for explaining the process behind these! I love learning about your resourcefulness in coming up with materials for your tiny things!

2 Likes