Leprechaun House Pop Up Card

I made this card a long time ago for my mother-in-law. She saved all my cards in a box and I got them back when she passed away.

There are a million zillion little pieces to it. Like…I cut all the stripes for the rainbow separately–and each one twice because it’s double sided. The card ended up being huuuuuge because…well, I didn’t really plan the size.

LINK TO VIDEO showing the card opening and closing.

The rainbow pivots. It has to, for the card to close. It is attached to the roof with an opened-out paper clip.

53146110_10156383418195805_3060021553946165248_n

This picture shows the card as it closes. The door opens as the card closes. This is an esthetic choice. Not to get too deep into it, but having the door disguises the necessary fold down the center front of the house. You can see the remaining tiny bit of center front fold above the door.
53412016_10156383418175805_3169423703939219456_n

16 Likes

Wow! Pretty amazing! All those tiny pieces… and cut by hand!

A feat of paper engineering! It’s nice that your MIL appreciated all your efforts such that she saved all your cards.

3 Likes

Beautifully done! I could tell from the thumbnail who this belonged to! :wink:

1 Like

@endymion machine cut :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I misunderstood. Still a ton of work and a wonderful result!

It’s so sweet that she kept all your cards. It’s a nice treasure. Awesome card too.

3 Likes

You clearly put a lot of time and effort into this, which definitely paid off. What a fun card!

This is really fun!

:heartpulse: Oh boy, OH BOY! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOOHOO! :heart_hands:

1 Like

Sooo adorable!

Color me impressed! What a feat to make this cool card.

What type of adhesive did you use?

@Kwality570
Believe it or not, I tend to use good old Elmer’s glue.

1 Like

It’s nice to see that it holds up to time! It seems to me that gluesticks barely hold on for a month before the pieces start to fall apart.

@Kwality570 It would never occur to me to use a glue stick for card making! They say “kids’ glue” to me. Maybe the glue has improved in the 25 years since my children were small?