Leslie Knope-Inspired Valentines (Or Lettuce Craft, You Beautiful, Talented, Brilliant, Powerful Musk Ox)

Stop me if you’ve heard this one: I participated in the Handmade Valentine Card Exchange. My original plan was to create Singles Awareness Day cards with some really cynical Savage Garden lyrics, but I ended up sidelining that in favor of some Val-/Pal-/Galentines featuring the delightful things Leslie calls her bestie Ann throughout Parks & Rec. (And yes, the fact that my main Valentines references were Savage Garden and Leslie Knope tells you a lot of what you need to know about me :rofl:.)

I created a couple of masterboards – just some tissue paper and paint on Valentines-themed scrapbook paper.

I cut those down into hearts and attached them to some cardstock cards. The sentiment banners are colored pencil and gel pen. (I got them from the list compiled here.) It was hard to narrow it down to 5 that were short/uncomplicated enough to reasonably fit the space allowed and were funny but didn’t feel weird to send to people that I ultimately don’t know that well.

The ones obscured in the photo are

• You beautiful, sassy mannequin come to life
  • You rainbow-infused space unicorn
  • You beautiful, rule-breaking moth

And then I packed them up in some calendar page envelopes.

Thanks for looking, you beautiful, naive, sophisticated newborn baby.

23 Likes

Hahahahahahaha. Love.

2 Likes

I love how your hearts turned out

1 Like

Oh man! I’m sad I didn’t get to exchange with you. These are fabulous. You are a shining, coffee cup of creativity! :coffee: :art: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

What a stupendous idea, so awesomely executed!

1 Like

Those quotes are awesome and funny! Your Valentines turned out great!

2 Likes

They are hilarious and beautiful

1 Like

Brilliant!

1 Like

:rofl: I love this! We do nothing for valentine’s day, but if we did this would be up my alley. Great job!

1 Like

:joy: I love these!!!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! They were a lot of fun.

Thank you; these are probably the best masterboards I’ve ever done. Or at least the best job I’ve done at not getting attached to the early layers, which is something I struggle with in general with collage.

Thanks, Leslie :laughing:!

1 Like

Those are so much fun! I love what you wrote.

2 Likes

Tee hee, hilarious!