Here’s my March stitch,
I’ve Got the Sun in the Morning and the Moon at Night

17 Likes

Thats awesome!

3 Likes

Beautiful!!

3 Likes

Love it!!

I knew what I wanted to stitch as soon as the theme was announced, but have yet to start. Maybe today…

3 Likes

What a great interpretation of the theme - love it!

3 Likes

Beautiful, I love that tree!

And for my March entry (it’s got its own thread) My shield, a work of love. And a contribution to a community quilt.

14 Likes

You know I love this! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Last year I purchased from Colonial Patterns a package of cotton dishcloths and embroidered veggies on them for drying dishes (dishwasher dead, waiting for kitchen renovation to replace). They were seconds, so I ended up with a few odd-sized ones. So I cut them in half to use as hand towels in the kitchen as my current ones are looking really sad.

I had this iron-on design leftover from something, so I’m using the same design for all, with different colored flowers. Very easy and quick project. Just perfect for the old recliner.

And having 4 curious four-month-old foster kittens helping me take pictures really made my day!

14 Likes

Oh, the flowers are lovely! And the kitties are adorable!

1 Like

How sweet!

1 Like

Sweet flowers and sweeter kitties!

1 Like

Here’s my March stitch! My children are my blessings (went the obvious route here):

My previous cross stitch family has been due for an upgrade for…4 years now. This one is for my MIL but next iteration will include me and Mr. Road.

16 Likes

It’s obvious, but it’s the truth!!

2 Likes

awww. MIL should love it.

2 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

4 Likes

I love all the beautiful stitches this month!

Here’s my offering, stitched from a sketch by the author of Birdstrips, whose artwork is all adorable and fabulous.
When I saw this it just made me so happy, and to extrapolate, it reminds me of all the critters that make this world amazing. I haven’t been lurking on LC as much because I’m in an animal-related graduate program right now. I’m getting through it and really tough subject matter thanks to animals and the community that cares so much about them.

14 Likes

This is adorable! I love the shading. What did you use? I am always so impressed by shaded embriodery but haven’t had the nerve to try it yet.

4 Likes

hysterical!
What did you use for shading?

1 Like

Oh! I used colored pencil! I’ve used watercolors in the past, but they can be really challenging to contain on an absorbent fabric and I was impatient. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’m glad you shaded! I always feel a little like I’m cheating when I add color.
I don’t feel that way if I dye the floss before stitching, but touching it up with sharpies seems like a dirty little secret.
Which is ridiculous–it’s my art and I can do what I want, right?
Right?

9 Likes