Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

How sweet!

1 Like

Sweet flowers and sweeter kitties!

1 Like

Here’s my March stitch! My children are my blessings (went the obvious route here):

My previous cross stitch family has been due for an upgrade for…4 years now. This one is for my MIL but next iteration will include me and Mr. Road.

16 Likes

It’s obvious, but it’s the truth!!

2 Likes

awww. MIL should love it.

2 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

4 Likes

I love all the beautiful stitches this month!

Here’s my offering, stitched from a sketch by the author of Birdstrips, whose artwork is all adorable and fabulous.
When I saw this it just made me so happy, and to extrapolate, it reminds me of all the critters that make this world amazing. I haven’t been lurking on LC as much because I’m in an animal-related graduate program right now. I’m getting through it and really tough subject matter thanks to animals and the community that cares so much about them.

14 Likes

This is adorable! I love the shading. What did you use? I am always so impressed by shaded embriodery but haven’t had the nerve to try it yet.

4 Likes

hysterical!
What did you use for shading?

1 Like

Oh! I used colored pencil! I’ve used watercolors in the past, but they can be really challenging to contain on an absorbent fabric and I was impatient. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’m glad you shaded! I always feel a little like I’m cheating when I add color.
I don’t feel that way if I dye the floss before stitching, but touching it up with sharpies seems like a dirty little secret.
Which is ridiculous–it’s my art and I can do what I want, right?
Right?

9 Likes

Absolutely! I’ve done colorwork with stitching plenty of times, but I like the cartoony look of coloring with other media. Do what makes you happy!

4 Likes

I love doing crayon coloring before embroidery! It’s all part of being creative, there are no rules saying how you HAVE to create!

5 Likes

Right!

2 Likes

I still haven’t started anything for this stitchalong!

I want to stitch a tribute to my grandmother. We finally had a memorial for her last weekend on the second anniversary of her death. I had a chaotic childhood, my parents had a complicated life and she was the central maternal figure to me. I saw her almost every day in my childhood. Her house was the place I called “home”. Every day I feel blessed to have had such a positive and stable influence in my life. I’m convinced that she’s the reason why I’ve thrived as an adult. The main skill I learned from her is resilience in the face of adversity, and it has helped me so much to cope with her death, the pandemic and the potential outbreak of WWIII on our continent.

I’m struggling with how to say all of this in one simple image. But I’ll find a way.

9 Likes

There is a woman in my life I loved & cherished & miss so much. I plan an embroidery of the house we spent time in together. It’s an iconic building, my planning phase has gone on for years already. That’s ok though, just thinking about it makes me feel happy.

7 Likes

Maybe the stitch can be part of a series of tributes, so you don’t have to encompass everything at once. She sounds like a wonderful woman. Are there any sayings of hers that still resonate with you?

Magpie, that’s a great memento too!

4 Likes

@Magpie @Immaculata - My grandpa recently passed. I hated knowing that visiting for his memorial was likely the last time I would step foot in that house. It was full of just the best energy. I love the idea of stitching a building to represent so much more than beams and bricks.

@chameleonhound - Adorable stitch! I love the tinting. I’ve never tried it, but it so adds a little something. And I love what it represents to you!

4 Likes

My original idea was a tree with “fruit” of symbols of things for which I am grateful. Like the symbol for Leo for my husband, a heart, etc. It looked soooo junky. I dialed it back to the tree with the sun like the beginning and moon like the ending–I’m grateful for all between.

Maybe you can find a way to symbolize your loved ones. A favorite song or item or saying?

3 Likes

My sibling made a very detailed artwork of her house! My sibling is a great artist and has a very good recollection for those kind of things so every detail was just right. It’s a gorgeous work of art.

3 Likes