Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Ooo…exciting! I have a plan! Work is busy and slowing me down this month. Boo!

1 Like

I found a 90’s looking quilt show themed fabric at Goodwill and turned it into this. I added seed beads for her jewelry.

10 Likes

Oh my gosh that’s fantastic!! She doesn’t look sew into him, LOL! :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s awesome! The seed stitches are superb, and I love the lace accents too.

2 Likes

@MightyMitochondria that is so much fun and what a crazy find. Love the accents.

And I started this phases of the moon that I drafted myself, firdt badly and then correctly. I took out the new moon twice…haven’t redone it yet, but it is going much better.

10 Likes

I’m intimidated by lettering, so I should practice more. I ripped out the “help” once (yes, swearing all the while), and it’s still wrong!
I saw something similar online, drew my own pattern. I love the juxtaposition of sweet florals and snarky sentiment.

13 Likes

I love this!! I’m also intimidated by lettering, but I think your imperfect letters make the message even better. I love it!

Someone on LC recommended these iron-on transfer embroidery markers and they have been a game-changer when it comes to lettering. They are pricy but worth it! https://www.amazon.com/Sulky-400-9005-SULKY-Iron-On-Transfer-Pens/dp/B0055E8XA0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3B983LRRQC6BU&keywords=iron+on+embroidery+pens&qid=1649875576&sprefix=iron+on+embroidery+pens%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-3

3 Likes

The crooked “help” does seem like a reason to swear, so I decided to leave it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hahahaha! Swearing always helps! I agree - the juxtaposition of the flowers with the sentiment is perfect.

3 Likes

That is so awesome and turns out we’re on a very similar wavelength too. My offering is in the mail, I’ll post if when it’s received. Hopefully you’ll get a laugh when you see.

3 Likes

Most excellent! I have a needle minder that says this and it’s absolutely helpful :smile:

I know I struggle a lot with using long stitches because they tug the fabric a bit out of alignment. Could that be part of it?
Regardless, I think it looks fantastic!

4 Likes

I could never get the curved bits to look good but recently tried short split stitches with 4 threads which turned out better than ever before!

5 Likes

I used couching for the curved lines.

2 Likes

My go to is a stem stem stitch for lettering.

4 Likes

This is the first in a series. My new obsession is repurposing vintage cut & sew fabric panels.

10 Likes

Stem stitch is a great stitch

4 Likes

No way! French knots are the best!

4 Likes

:eyes: ooooh things heating up in the stitching fandommmmm!

5 Likes

I’m cheering for the seed stitch. :laughing:

4 Likes

Yes! French knots are great!

7 Likes