Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

My April entry!

“Skagit Valley Stormy Spring”

This was a totally for fun, no rules, fooling around, whatever-happens-happens, 100% made from stash, project!

Just north of where I live is the Skagit Valley. Along with being a hugely important area in West Coast bird migration, it’s also home to many, many bulb farms. It’s famous for the tulip festival every spring, but I actually appreciate the earlier daffodils even more. Just beyond the daffodils, when you stand with your back to Puget Sound, are the foothills of Cascade Mountain range. It is a photographer’s paradise - mountains, incredible skies, birds of all kinds - including flocks of thousands & thousands of huge Trumpeter & Tundra Swans.

Full post here: Skagit Valley Stormy Spring - Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry

9 Likes

(Oh, and I am entering this in the destashalong too, fyi, so remove me from prize chances if that breaks a rule!)

2 Likes

I haven’t shared in this thread, but have been in the Snapshot thread.

I think this will take years! I am on page 5 of 38!

Lots and lots of blue!

13 Likes

Are there rules? I’d like to know so I can see how far they stretch before they break.

1 Like

My own rules. I have some goals I am working on this year.

1 Like

The only rule in the stitchalong in order to be eligible for the monthly drawing is:

@Camelama - the site wide challenges/contests do state the following:

I don’t want to disqualify you from being eligible to win the site challenge, so I can leave you out of the prize drawing for this month. Thank you for being considerate of the rules and transparent about your entry!

4 Likes

I bow to your infinite patience!

:star: :thread: :sewing_needle: Announcement! :sewing_needle: :thread: :star:

Ok guys, it’s official! Our 1st Stitch Along Zoom will be this Saturday, April 30 @10am EST. I’ll post the zoom info in this thread in advance of the meeting. No theme, just bring whatever you’re working on. Hope to see you there!

10am EST = 7AM Pacific, 8AM Mountain, 9AM Central, 3PM London, 4PM Germany, and 12AM Australia

7 Likes

Ahh, it’s always good to run into people who remember The Point. Me and my arrow. The music is what I remember most.

5 Likes

Oh what fun, but I’ll be out cleaning up the grounds of our church…annual Spring clean-up. Have a blast!

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll have another one!

I remember that! I saw it in junior high, at an art class I took with a local glass and clay artist. The teacher had the album, and after we listened to it, she tried to explain it to us. We just kind of stared at her, so she ended up finding us a copy to watch. ‘Me and My Arrow’ is totally what I remember from it too.

2 Likes

I remember the Me and My Arrow song, but never knew the album told a story. I looked it up on wikipedia.

It’s full of good wisdom.

1 Like

It’s a fantastic story, though admittedly when I watched it again as an adult I realized it’s pretty weird too. Well, it fits with a lot of animation from the 70s. I also just learned it can be watched in its entirety on YouTube. :grin:

I might be watching it this weekend as I work on stitching. Tomorrow is the last day of April, which means I get to send a prize to one of you lovely stitchers soon!

2 Likes

So exciting! I plan to do all the drawing/announcing on Sunday, May 1!

2 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Here’s the information for today’s zoom! Hope to see you there! :slight_smile:

Topic: Stitch Along Zoom
Time: Apr 30, 2022 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

2 Likes

So excited to join my first LC zoom!

2 Likes

It was so nice to have the time to chat and stitch with friends! :heart: @mellybelly81 @Magpie

@steiconi - I saw you try to join! Hopefully one of these times we’ll catch you on the zoom!

2 Likes

Thank youso much, that was super nice :kissing_heart:

2 Likes