Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

So cute! I love how the balloons wrap around his tail :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome stitching!!

@PrincessP - I love the boomerang fabric and the way the stitching mirrors the pattern. And the yellow on yellow. I think I like the vertical orientation better…but they are both great!

@skrutt - how adorable! I love that you drew the croc and then stitched it. I think the border is my favorite detail. It’s like rick rack but in stitches! I’m sure your brother will love it.

3 Likes

I finally finished some stitching!

11 Likes

Oh my gosh! I completely love it!!

1 Like

Wow, great stitches!
@skrutt, what a cool crocagator! love the party hat.
@princessp, lovely textures. I think the white stitch could be called flystitch.
@mellybelly81, g’day, mate! It’s the Sydney Opera House! beautiful color blending.

I’ve got my outline traced, I’m practicing my new stitches, and I got an audio book from the library to keep me company…

3 Likes

Got it done!
DSCN0209
I finally tried silk ribbon embroidery and the Mountmellick stitch.

more words at Silk flower skeleton

The backs of my embroideries are usually quite messy. This one is a nightmare.

8 Likes

That’s fabulous! What wonderful expression in that skelly!

2 Likes

This is cool! I love the ribbon.

1 Like

ohh–very nice! I have always wanted to try ribbon embroidery! Love it!

1 Like

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

:pencil2: :school_satchel: :sun_behind_large_cloud: It’s September! In the Northern Hemisphere, Fall is right around the corner and for those of us with littles, school! I always get harvest energy in the fall, so I’m hoping some of that translates to stitching!

:partying_face: Our winner for August and the lucky recipient of the custom 3D printed frame from @steiconi is…@skrutt!! Congratulations!! You also get to pick our theme for September!

:gift: Our prize for September will be a Lettuce Craft cross stitch donated by @marionberries!!!

First post will be updated when we have a new theme! :heart:

8 Likes

What a surprise! Here I have been away on vacation and I come home to this! :smiley:
Im so glad, because on my holiday, we took a roadtrip and drove during evening/night, and we got to see 5 foxes and a badger (Im a sucker for all animals). So I think septembers theme will be related to this;

Septembers theme:
From your window

Happy stitching everyone!

11 Likes

What a great theme!!

1 Like

Love it!!

I’m away at the moment but I’ll get the first post updated on Tuesday!

3 Likes

Great theme! I’ve come up with my usual perversion of the theme so I can make what I want, made a background, and assembled materials.

I saw a youtube the other day where they wound a sewing machine bobbin with narrow ribbon and stitched a design with it. I’d like to try it, but you have to adjust your bobbin tension, and that never goes well…

6 Likes

My wife just bought a vintage sock machine. She has been wanting one for the last year. She’ll make a few socks, then probably quit, but it really is an amazing little machine. Good news is that we can always sell it when the interest wanes.
Anybody got sock yarn?

7 Likes

Did you mean to put it in this thread? We do have a sockalong.

2 Likes

Don’t do it! :rofl: Don’t mess with the bobbin tension! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! :laughing:

3 Likes

I should just buy a second bobbin case, so I can mess with the tension…or skip the projects that require adjustment. I mean, it’s not that hard to stitch ribbon on from the front. I even have a cording foot. I’ve never used it, but googled to find out what it was. Oddly, my machine manual only mentions 2 of the 5 feet that came with the machine.

1 Like

Thank you for the link, I don’t knit socks so never knew…LC is so much fun. New things all the time.

3 Likes

lol but now you know so I selfishly want pics of socks made with that awesome sock making machine!!!

2 Likes