Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Did you mean to put it in this thread? We do have a sockalong.

2 Likes

Don’t do it! :rofl: Don’t mess with the bobbin tension! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! :laughing:

3 Likes

I should just buy a second bobbin case, so I can mess with the tension…or skip the projects that require adjustment. I mean, it’s not that hard to stitch ribbon on from the front. I even have a cording foot. I’ve never used it, but googled to find out what it was. Oddly, my machine manual only mentions 2 of the 5 feet that came with the machine.

1 Like

Thank you for the link, I don’t knit socks so never knew…LC is so much fun. New things all the time.

3 Likes

lol but now you know so I selfishly want pics of socks made with that awesome sock making machine!!!

2 Likes

Hey stitchers! Just a little note to let you know that there is a new site-wide challenge going on for the Equinox!

I’m in love with this stitch, which would fit the theme nicely…hmmm… :thinking:

5 Likes

Here’s my September stitch

okay, so I saw a coyote, not its skeleton, but…artistic license.

14 Likes

Really nice artistic license on the theme! Love the contrast of the skeleton against the dark and varied background (that in itself is a piece of art!).

3 Likes

Thanks! The background was originally more brightly colored–to evoke Mexican sugar skulls and such-- so I gave it a few washes of watery paint to push it into…well, the background.

2 Likes

Very cool!! I love your fringe. You are rocking the scrappy style!

Here’s my sept stitch (yay for stitching again):

I was inspired by a wet, rainy window where the outside world is blurred. Very fitting for sept/fall here in Jersey.

Really, I’ve been wanting to combine my abstract painting style and stitching and couldn’t get the idea out of my head. It was inhibiting all other ideas, lol, so I had to go with it. I will probably mount it differently…eventually.

14 Likes

Beautiful …I just remarked to Jenn that it is nice to see the art lessons applied to other projects as well! A fabulous blending!

3 Likes

Love the mixed media!

1 Like

LOVE! :heart:

1 Like

I love this. It evokes exactly what you were going for, I felt it immediately before reading a word of your post.

It would look magical in a small (maybe rectangular?) frame that feels like a window frame and hung inside a bookshelf like a window to a fairy realm.

3 Likes

Ooo! I love this! I wasn’t thinking square but that’s perfect!

1 Like

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Hi everyone,

I am going to be traveling the end of the month for both work and pleasure (first one, then the other), so I’m not going to be at my computer to update on the 1st of the month. Since we are a little light on entries anyway, I’m going to go ahead and extend the deadline for your September stitch to Monday, October 3rd. I’ll do the drawing and announce our winner (and new theme!) on that day. Any questions or concerns, let me know!

8 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Thanks all for a couple extra days of patience! We had 2 stitch entries this month, and @steiconi also entered her stitch in the Equinox Challenge. Since I don’t want to disqualify her from winning something there, by default, our winner this month is @Abbeeroad, who is the lucky recipient of the Lettuce Craft cross stitch by @marionberries! (I’m so excited!) :slight_smile:

Our October prize is donated by the wonderful @AIMR. She’s donated an adorable little needle book/pincushion!! How cute is this?!

And last but not least, our theme for October will be…The Five Senses! Fall is great for steaming mugs (or cauldrons) that smell of spices and feel warm your fingers; for hearing crunching leaves underfoot; for peeping colorful swaths of reds, oranges, and yellows…let your senses run wild!

13 Likes

Good call, thanks!
And congratulations!

2 Likes

Huzzah! Winner & a new theme! :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’m working on the prize for the October Stitchalong!

I’ve made some modifications and will be adding a few surprises as well…hope everyone is stitching up something this month! I have an idea and will be starting after I finish stitching the prize!

4 Likes