Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I looove this!!

1 Like

So pretty! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! Years ago I bought a bag of mixed colored buttons to make button flowers. A friend of mine must have seen the same thing and made me a whole bunch! I really didn’t know what to do with the buttons. Some I passed on to another friend, but I still have a jar left.

The large button is nearly 5 cm diamter!

3 Likes

Ooh, I love this!

1 Like

Buttons and embroidery and gift bags! All so fun. 'tis the season!

I’ve been sewing for the GD…I love it when they are small (she’s 3 almost 4)
Capes: Animal, Dragon, and Dinosaur Play Capes
Aprons: Daugher and Mom Paw Patrol Aprons
And Broni: Bronti the Stuffie Bronosaurus - #14 by marionberries

1 Like

I’ve been working on this for weeeeeeks, finally done!

more pix and words:

10 Likes

That is fabulous!! Wow!

2 Likes

Ooooo, I love it! The colors are fabulous and I love the balance of order and disorder!
I wish I could meet her in person so I could better appreciate all the textures :smile:

2 Likes

Gorgeous! You are really rocking the scrappy style.

1 Like

I just love your stitchy stories…your process and how it evolves is fascinating to me! I love your balance of using the purple thread and color against the greens…beautiful!

2 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Thanks for your patience everyone! I am still in holiday mode!

We had 16 distinct members participate in the stitchalong in 2022…woohoo!! I entered everyone’s name into the wheel of names once to give everyone an equal chance to win our end of year drawing no matter how much or how little they participated. And our big winner for 2022 is…

@chameleonhound!!

Congratulations!! You have won the gift bag with a custom tag from @Magpie and the vintage felt cat kit from @endymion!! You also get to select our theme for January!!

Additionally, I have a couple other announcements/points of discussion for you all.

1. Given our current level of participation and interest, we will be moving to quarterly prize drawings. We will still have monthly winners who will select our new theme, but prizes will be offered and sent in March, June, September, and December. All stitch entries from the quarter will be included in the drawing. I will be sending a PM to those of you who have volunteered this year to send prizes to see if you would like to continue and set up a schedule. If you would like to be added to this group, please PM me! Thank you! :slight_smile:

2. How does everyone feel about continuing on with the current thread? Should we start a new one in 2023?

6 Likes

Congrats @chameleonhound! Well done, you!

@Abbeeroad, I do find a new thread easier to peruse, especially since there isn’t a “view images only” function. When you go searching for a project you think is in there, multiple years are unweildy to scroll through :woozy_face:

4 Likes

I agree…

and yes, @chameleonhound —congrats for being a winning stitcher all around!

1 Like

I interrupt this normally scheduled programing to announce…it’s time to VOTE for our current challenges!!

Green Holiday Greens

Great Lettuce Craft Bake Off!

I, too, agree with a new thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

New thread, please!
Congrats, @chameleonhound !

2 Likes

Wow, thank you all!

I’m not sure if there’s a new thread yet but here’s a theme to start the year: Try a new technique!

I’ve been pondering a scrappy stitch and might have to give it a go. Maybe you’ve been waiting to try thread painting, beading, cross stitch, or even just a new stitch type? 2023 is the time to try! Happy New Year!

7 Likes

Excellent theme! I’ll get a new thread going later today! :tada:

Thanks for the input all!

1 Like

New thread! Yay! and I believe there is a limit to number of posts per thread, but it’s large, but we post a lot!

1 Like

The new thread is up! Please let me know if you would like to see anything different or have anything to add!

3 Likes