Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

That turned out so great!

2 Likes

I was thinking of trying to do something little to represent each family member, but I didn’t want to take away from the “blueprint” look. Hmmm…

And yes, I think it probably needs a frame.

2 Likes

Oh that’s so brilliant!!

2 Likes

Oooohhh, you could do the names in the kind of block lettering done on blueprints. I had to practice that over and over in college and grad school. LOL

1 Like

https://artdepartmental.com/blog/architectural-lettering/

1 Like

Super cool! I think I’m going to try to find a free font rather than practicing over and over, lol.

1 Like

very interesting home!

When I met my hubby, he was an architectural draftsman…to this day, he hand writes out a holiday letter in that style :frowning:

I think if you put in family names, it will take away from the blueprint look…I think maybe putting in some more architectural details or furniture like a tub and toilet, stove, etc. would make it more detailed…or maybe something simpler like “kitchen” in a nice font

4 Likes

Right! I just was trying to show what I meant by the lettering style. :laughing:

2 Likes

So many new completed projects for January :smiley:

and @MightyMitochondria, I was thinking about the logo, but decided against it because I had the other idea, however, I’m so glad you did it :smiley: So cool!

Also, you know what I hate about living in the future (and which I’m certain the Australians hate even more) is that the next prompts aren’t released until it’s “late” here, ok, will patiently await, I do have other things I can focus my time on

4 Likes

Yahoo! Announcement time!

First, let’s see what the winner of the random drawing will receive:

An AWE-SOME stamped bracelet made by @Lynx, dmc floss and a big totebag to stitch up.

The winner for January is:

AIMR!

Way to go! You rock! YAHOOOO!!! Congrats

Now, for February! The theme this month is : Live in Love
How do you live in love? Is it crafting? Doing random acts of kindness? Spending time with your family? Snuggling with your pets? Losing yourself in a good book? However you express aka live in love, stitch it up.

There will be another prize for February that will include a beautiful LettuceCraft stamped necklace donated by @Lynx plus other stitch related goodies.

14 Likes

Congratulations @AIMR!!

3 Likes

huh? what? wow…thanks! I am really getting into more formal stitching…excited now to find a new project for February! I am excited to tell my nephew as well…he will be tickled pink and maybe even buy his auntie dinner when she goes out to visit in June!

3 Likes

Congrats @AIMR ! You should totally show off your bracelet when you’re visiting your nephew. I love the new theme too, let’s see if I can come up with something. What I like about this stitchalong is that it forces me to think small instead of big. I usually end up making massive projects.

2 Likes

Congratulations, AIMR!!

1 Like

Hooray! Congratulations @AIMR! @kittykill I adore the February theme. I already have ideas! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Ooh, congrats @AIMR! That’s such a fantastic piece you stitched.

2 Likes

Congratulations @AIMR

And I’m looking forward to this month’s challenge

1 Like

Yay!! What a nice prize for a wonderful person!

And yay for our new theme!:heart:

2 Likes

Yay!! Congrats to @AIMR! :smile:

Perfect theme for Feb! I even think I know what I’m going to try to do!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what people make!

1 Like