Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Here is my first “love” contribution. I’m going to embroider a drawing made by each of my children. They will eventually be part of a crazy quilt bag. Here is “displeased cupcake cat”. I’m not in love with the fabric and I think the original drawing is far better, but I will still think of my sweet Lucy each time I see it.

Embroidery:

Original:

15 Likes

This is the sweetest idea!

4 Likes

That is so adorable! What a great idea.

2 Likes

I love this. Love and family.

:heartbeat:

2 Likes

Yes, this! I love this idea, and it’s execution, and I really really want to do this with some of my kids drawings too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (and I know exactly which ones)

2 Likes

That is going to be an adorable and meaningful project! awwww…and something for your kids to look back on…I wish my mom had kept more of my drawings…

2 Likes

Displeased cupcake cat… Is she on LC yet? :smile:

4 Likes

No, the displeased cat artist is only eight. However, she is one crafty kid, so I’m sure she’ll join when she’s old enough.

4 Likes

Wow, she is sure talented for an 8 year old!

4 Likes

I picked my fabric and design for February’s stitchalong. I couldn’t disappoint you all, so of course a hummingbird is making an appearance on fabric that was monoprinted by @Edel!

6 Likes

Love the kid art embroidery! Great idea @MightyMitochondria!

Looking good @Lynx!

1 Like

Oh my! He’s really taking shape!

I love how the fill stitch makes him stand out on a colored and patterned fabric!

11 Likes

wow, that looks stunning @Lynx

2 Likes

The lime on the pink is be-u-tee-ful!

1 Like

I think she picked a great background fabric for her piece as well! :smiley:

1 Like

That looks so good.

My February offering, this wonderfully handsome ruby-throated hummingbird carrying needle and thread. I chose the hummingbird for my “live in love” theme for you all because of my love for watching these sweet birds all summer (I easily had 12 last summer come visit!). I included the needle and thread as an ode to this stitchalong. I think I’ll make it into a zip pouch.

Close up of the bird stitching:

I chose to use a fill stitch so that he stands out from the fabric. I used a mix of 2 strands brown 1 strand beige for the wings.

10 Likes

He turned out great! I like the cute addition of the needle and thread as a reminder of this thread…and it will make a cute zip pouch for sure!

2 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

Love how well you used the brown and white! The thread heart is wonderful! I look forward to seeing the future bag!

:metal:

1 Like