Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Here’s my feb offering! I stitched up the equation for quantum entanglement for Mr. Road. I used our initials (A and D) for particle 1 and particle 2:

I ended up putting it on a long-asked-for dust cover for his controller for DJ-ing:

Inspired by the work of Justin Mullins. He has a really cool explanation of why quantum entanglement is a romantic equation on his website (scroll down to carvings on a quantum oak tree):

http://www.justinmullins.com/

Geeky, but still appropriate for the theme I think. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’d never heard of quantum entanglement before, but when I have more time I’ll have to checknit out.

Geeky in love. Awesome. Definitely fits the theme. I love where you put it.

3 Likes

That is the most geeky, fantastic expression of love! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Fantastic! I love how original it is!

3 Likes

I love all these wildly different creative responses to the theme! What an inspiring group!

@lindyv321 your book hoop is gorgeous and such great quote!
@MightyMitochondria that is another brilliant instalment of your project - so original and vibrant!
@Abbeeroad that is such a cool geeky project! I love it!

3 Likes

Oh man. Get ready to have your mind blown, lol.

Here’s a far less romantic explanation:

4 Likes

I love your love.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Here is my submission. Living in love by creating.

18 Likes

What a cool pattern! I love the downward perspective…and of course, beautifully stitched!

2 Likes

Here’s my contribution for February, still needs to be ironed/finished:

It will be finished as a pincushion and then sent to Australia to our crafty sisters over there who have lost their homes and their stitching supplies during the terrible bushfires this year. The pattern is called Australia with love and can be downloaded for free. More information on the Stitching Dreams blog .

I know it’s not much, to receive a pincushion after you’ve just lost your home, it’s just a small token to let our stitching sisters in Australia know that thoughts and prayers from people around the world are with them.

11 Likes

I saw @kittykill post her :heart: gorgeous :heart: contribution for this month on IG last night, which inspired me to finish up January’s challenge so I could pop into LC, find out what the February theme is and see what everyone else has been up to.

@AIMR congrats on your win! I will be excited to see your future projects.

I’m scrolling back through and I just love all of the interpretations of home sweet home. I love the freeway sign, the LC logo, and Godzilla. Sorry for not tagging, guys.

For February, I have always loved when people stitch their kid’s drawings, so I think your cupcake kitty and HP stitches are the sweetest, @MightyMitochondria. @Lynx your hummingbird is flawless and I really like the fabric you chose to stitch on.

I’m off to think about the February theme so that I can procrastinate studying. Maybe not as ambitious as last month, since we are already half way through. I will post my Home themed piece in here after my mom presses it, even though January is over, if that’s ok with you guys.

5 Likes

@kittykill your creative hoop is just beautiful!!
@Immaculata what a precious, heartfelt gift! So lovely :heartpulse:

I’ve just finished my February piece. I love looking at the sky and appreciating the beautiful natural world that nurtures us all, and I guess that’s why this pattern spoke to me.

It’s overcast here, so not the best photo. It’s a DMC pattern I’ve had for a while. I changed it a little by stitching half cross stitch with a single strand to give a lighter pastel feel. It’s on 28ct white linen.

9 Likes

It feels so serene…and it looks like a watercolor in thread…beautiful job blending…

4 Likes

What beautiful colours!

2 Likes

That’s so beautiful @jemimah ! Your stitches look so tiny and perfect!

2 Likes

That is so beautiful & unusual .

1 Like

So pretty and sweet. The stitches are so tiny.

2 Likes

Hi! Kittykill was kind enough to say that I could post my “stitching” here, even if I wasn’t following the themes. I’m so glad because I have a few projects that I’m working on that are full of stitches! :wink:

I’ve been intrigued by what I’ve seen as much more canvas blanks (i.e.-tote bags, aprons, etc…) that have been offered for sale in all the craft stores! I decided to buy a canvas backpack for myself that I can use when I’ll be going places where I need to bring stuff, but a pocketbook isn’t really feasible. Here is my progress:

@thatnate should recognize most of the patches on there, as I received them from her! The red ‘craft army’ one was from her at the Maryland meetup in October.

I have buttons and more patches to put on there. It’s a nice project to work on when you don’t want to think. And nothing on it has to be any certain way.

8 Likes

I love all of the rainbow stitching! They are so tiny and neat…

I won one of those blank canvas totes here and I think I am going to start on it by doing some tiny stitches to inspire me as I look for some patterns…I love a blank canvas just for me…

@thanate really makes some awesome patches…

4 Likes