Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Gah! I am so sad I did not finish my holiday hoop. It is sitting in my living room with my stitching stuff staring forlornly at me. December just kicked my butt and then I had to take a little mental break! I can’t wait to jump into January’s theme! I’ve got something in mind!

2 Likes

2nd try on this pattern. I made a big misscount early on the first one and so started over with 11count. I like the bigger size, but it’s not square and distorts the pattern. It’s fine on this small piece. My GD name is Piper.

8 Likes

And finished. Now to decide what to do with it. I didn’t leave much space around so I’ll probably just frame it.

9 Likes

It’s so beautiful .

I noticed that in your graph you had some leaves…are you leaving those out?

I think it turned out lovely!

2 Likes

:grinning: I forgot the leaves, I was so excited to finish the flowers. Back to finishing the silly thing. Thank you.

4 Likes

That just means you get to finish it…again! Twice the accomplishment, right!?

7 Likes

@Whistlefish noticed that I had left out part of my own design. The leaves. So I finished it again. Thanks @Whistlefish. It is now complete.

14 Likes

Much better with the leaves!

2 Likes

So beautiful and “spring-y!”

2 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

That is so pretty! Love the colors.

2 Likes

Done!

Here’s my Cross-Along Mermaid, fitting together the January-Let’s Go On a Trip! Theme with the Kinetic Non-Swap Craftalong.

When I was a kid, I saw a TV program about mermaids in Florida. I pretty much forgot about it for decades, then saw an article a few years ago, and learned they’re still doing the show at Weeki Wachee.

We planned to spend winter of 2018 in Myrtle Beach, SC, and visit Florida then, but it got hit by two hurricanes, so we changed plans. Then we were going to go last spring, but Covid.
Some day we’ll get there!

I designed the piece in Tinkercad and 3d printed it, then sequined and embroidered felt to glue to the body. She swims when you move the tasseled stick back and forth.

And she has a loop at the top to hang on next year’s Christmas tree. The mermaid is 5-1/2" long.

7 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

I finished my stitch! It’s a bird’s eye view of NYC, one of my favorite places to visit. Even though it’s super close, we haven’t been in over a year now. We are missing it!

I bought the pattern from embroideryandsage on Etsy.

14 Likes

Wow! That is great! I want to go to NYC one day!

1 Like

Beautiful job! I love those type of perspectives…I can’t wait to go back to Philly and NYC either!

2 Likes

That’s really cool!

1 Like

What a fabulous piece! I love that it isn’t a typical skyline view, although I admit it makes me a bit dizzy to look at it! You stitched it so neatly, too.

2 Likes

Whoa! Thats the coolest!

1 Like