Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

That’s what I liked about it too! I also bought her Brooklyn bridge pattern…but might need a break before I dig into that one.

Thanks all!

4 Likes

I want to make an embroidery of the Delaware Memorial Bridge (it’s because of a family joke), but I can’t find a pattern. I did find a decent image that I can use to make one, so I just need to work up the courage to do it. But, seeing how effective simple lines are, I feel much better about my chances of success!

3 Likes

I love Weeki Wachee!

The bird’s eye view of NYC is so fab!

2 Likes

This is my entry. I absolutely love the beach and ocean. I would love to live on a lighthouse. If I lived at the beach I would make sure I had plenty of flowers. This is basically my dream location/house.

13 Likes

Lovely! It really feels like oceanside.

Pt. Cabrillo lighthouse near Mendocino, CA is now a state park and BnB. You can stay tgere, but it’s expensive, I’ve heard.

We camped there when volunteering at their whale event several years ago, and at another time, my husband filled in for the lighthouse keeper when she went on vacation.

2 Likes

Beautiful scene–love the flowers…they look like hollycocks!

Ooooh, KittyKill if I keep my germs to myself could I visit you there? That looks absolutely perfect.

1 Like

What a lovely little scene. So peaceful!

I finished my January travel themed stitching! It is Mount Fuji in Japan. Lots of stab stitching, but I loved doing it! I chose a simple pattern for my first one and hope to move on to more challenging ones later in the year! Just wanted to get it done to stay active in this stitch along!

15 Likes

You rocked it!

1 Like

Yes she did rock it!
:volcano:

I’m getting so curious for February’s theme!

1 Like

Man, I have such a fun idea for February! I hope it works with the theme, or I’ll have to do it on the side.

1 Like

I got it done, just in the knick of time! This was cross stitched on fabric I dyed black meself.

I would love to:
A. Visit the deep sea, though I never learned to scuba because I do not like swimming.
B. Sail on a pirate ship, krakens be damned.
C. Visit the UK Natural History Museum, which is where I got this pattern for free!

Felt like the right way to start 2021.

11 Likes

It’s fantastic! I love the design of the arms going all around like they do!

It’s too cold to scuba in the UK anyway…so nice choice to just craft it! lol

1 Like

Really cool!! The stitching as well as the dyed fabric.

1 Like

Awesome! Love the black. :black_heart: my black dye attempts always come out purple. :see_no_evil:

If you drop a couple of drops of bleach on it, it will create even more colors and come out like galaxy fabric…I am doing that for a piece I am working on now…I can’t get black to dye well either, but I keep trying! lol

1 Like

Great idea! I like black for ice dyeing, too, because all those colors come out!

1 Like

Ahoy, matey, that’s a foine kraken!

3 Likes

I dyed this fabric with a festival shirt I was trying to get as black as possible for my color-avoiding SO. This was the only thing to come out actually black, unfortunately. The shirt was already very pink, so it sort of became maroon. I have some fancier powder dye to try, but I am a bit put out by how that shirt failed. :slightly_frowning_face:
I also did a batch of ice-dyed stuff with black, blue and purple, and they’re stellar! (*pun intended) I just didn’t have a big enough bit of aida in that color for this. I do hope to use it soon, so depending on what February’s theme is, you may see it in the near future! :flying_saucer: :ringer_planet: :milky_way:

2 Likes