Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Yay! Thank you so much!! :heart:

3 Likes

Congrats @jemimah :smiley:

1 Like

Hahahaha. OMG. I’m trying to forget that not commemorate it! :joy:

2 Likes

Love the July theme. Fits right in with my camping tablecloth…which is going very slowly because it is Summer. Garden, weeds, trips, heat, rain, porch projects. Sigh. But I am over half done…barely.

8 Likes

I love this so much! It will be great.

I’ve not done anything creative in ages. Maybe this month will be the month I’ll get back to crafting.

My city is famous for this local landmark! Evoluon Gotta love that 1960s space architecture! The best part is you can see it from a distance, it’s close to a regular neighbourhood and from a distance it really does look like a UFO has landed between the houses! I was in that neighbourhood the other week and seeing it always puts a smile on my face.

4 Likes

That is super cool!!

1 Like

Oh wow! That is fantastic!

1 Like

I love seeing your progress on this project, the campers are just so cute!

@Immaculata that is really cool!

2 Likes

Tent is done

And on to the next one. Just three to go.

11 Likes

It has been so much fun watching this project progress! I love all the images…can’t wait to see the entire thing completed! It will be something to cherish for a very long time!

3 Likes

Oooh, I love how that turned out!

1 Like

I think the tent is my favorite of the bunch so far!

1 Like

We tent camp, so this is my favorite too.

It looks wonderful @marionberries!! Such a happy feeling to the whole project :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

So if I made something for the July theme, do i post the finished object here?

Absolutely! You can post it here and in its own post. Whichever you like.

1 Like

Ok, here is my July entry!

I love taking visitors, especially those from southern lowlands, to Mount Tahoma (Mount Rainier - trying to use the indigenous name where I can!) and enjoy their astonishment at 20+ feet of snow in summer! Fun fun! And brunch at the Inn is always a treat. Or a gorgeous sunrise from Sunrise campground on the mountain.

Snow + parking lot at visitor center photo:

I’ve always enjoyed topographical maps and mountaineering and navigating by compass and recently I was looking at topo maps of the mountain. When I saw the theme I decided I stitch the topo map. Then I realized I would have to seriously simplify it (my ideas are always too big for reality!). So I traced out just a sampling of lines, then realized afterward that I had mis-aligned half of the lines, so please do not use this to navigate the mountain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

The pink X marks the summit at 14,409 feet. North is kinda sorta towards the top. I decided to do snowy colors up top (with silver for the highest points!), then rocky, then forest. All plain straight stitch, but that was easiest for the meandering topo lines.

I had fun making this. I had an awful migraine this weekend, so this was perfect: something to occupy my brain but not overtax it, & something interesting but not too high expectations. Ta dah!

12 Likes

Wow, that’s so cool! I love topo maps, and knew what it was right away.

That is a wonderful interpretation of the monthly theme! Love it!

I am 24 feet above sea level, at the other end of the mountain level!

3 Likes

Brilliant!! What a fantastic way to interpret the theme

1 Like