Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I love this piece! And holy cow that’s a lot of snow! :astonished:

1 Like

I saw all that snow and thought: isn’t the theme somewhere we would want to visit? :joy: :rofl: I am not a snow person for sure! lol

2 Likes

Lovely design execution! :heart: I knew it was a topographical map the second I saw it, and your story just made it even better. I remember sledding on that mountain as a little kid while visiting family. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

And that was JUNE. :wink: I love taking visitors up in summer! On a hot day it feels so delicious to stand near the snow & feel the cool air on your skin. It does all eventually melt away, at the Visitor Center level, especially this year after our record-breaking heat wave:

4 Likes

Beautiful!!! I remember driving along the coast up to Oregon…my husband was in awe because he had never seen snow capped mountains before…they were looming along the drive and he made me stop…it was one of those moments in time when you just felt the power of nature impact you emotionally…

3 Likes

I miss the northwest, and I still remember those silly Rainier beer commercials from years ago. But I loved it when we could see all the peaks from Portland on a rare clear day.

5 Likes

Love it! On a clear day in Portland you can see so many beautiful mountains. Also, those commercials were awesome.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh the commercials! Yes! The running beer bottles & pretzels!

I was just about to say, and the running clams, but was that Ivars instead?

2 Likes

I like how from certain points around Portland you can see multiple peaks just by turning in place! And in the spring they shine out so brightly all snowy in the sun.

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with the current challenge…just something I felt compelled to make for a goofy fellow lettucehead! lol It is a 4" hoop, I think…cutting the letters was a real challenge for these eyes!

Made with NEW denim and felt…

Can you guess who it was for? lol

7 Likes

Ahahaha!! That is perfect :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Ha! That’s the perfect piece!

2 Likes

OMG, so funny and perfect for the recipient!

3 Likes

That seriously cracks me up.

2 Likes

Another done and one started. I see the end coming.

10 Likes

I :heart: the camping one!

Gosh, yes, but I cannot remember who!! Ha, but it is perfect!

1 Like

It is such a happy and beautifully made project @marionberries!

1 Like

I planned Oregon for this Stitchalong; it’s our little home on wheels taking us to lush places.

I entered it in the Summer challenge, with the plan to make Idaho and Nevada for this. Didn’t happen.
Maybe it shouldn’t be eligible here, but I’m posting it anyway!

12 Likes