Let them wear beards!

What do you do when you have bored nieces and nephews who like to dress up and way too much brown yarn in your stash?

You make them beards!

I used plastic mesh and a crochet hook to loop and knot long stands of yarn. Then some braiding and beads to make them reminiscent of Vikings, pirates, dwarves, and so forth.

I had to try them out, of course. I’m strongly tempted to make one for myself. One of us has a real beard, can you tell which? :grin:

35 Likes

Both are “real” & they both look great too! I like how you solved the yarn-in-mouth problem, you clever gal!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s really smart to use plastic mesh to keep it all together. Lovely beards!

1 Like

These are AMAZING! You’ve stash busted! You’ve problem solved! You’ve taken care with details and creatively supported creative play! WIN WIN WIN! And adorable pic at the end, too.

1 Like

These are fantastic!

1 Like

Fun, fun, fun! I made my son a yarn beard for a costume once, but it wasn’t nearly as attractive and sturdy as yours appear to be. How cool!

1 Like

This is so awesome!!!

1 Like

I shouted with laughter. These are hilarious! and I’m so happy to see you tried them out for yourself!

nope! not a bit!

1 Like

Idk… that guy on the left seems suspicious… I think his beard is the imposter! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

These are fantastic!!

1 Like

Amazing!!! I love this!

1 Like

This is brilliant!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Beards are one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

1 Like

So much fun!

1 Like