Let's Bake Some S**t - A Tougher Type Tea Towel - NSFW: The S-word

WARNING: There is a cuss word in this project. It is clearly visible in the 2nd and 3rd photos included in this post.

One of my close girlfriends is having her 2nd Covid birthday and she had a similar tea towel pinned to her wish list, so I decided to try iron-on vinyl for the first time! I’m pretty pleased with my first try, the only real booboo that I can tell is that little extra bit of vinyl above the “a” that I didn’t notice stuck to the backing material. D’oh!

It’s black glitter vinyl from my stash that I cut with my Cricut Explore. I made a jpg with Photoshop and Cricut Design Space converted to an svg. The flour sack towel is also from stash.

ACTION SHOT:

19 Likes

Ooh! I’ve got a Silhouette, and had been contemplating whether HTV would work well on a tea towel (or whether it would be stiff/unsuitable/insert issue here). But this looks awesome!

1 Like

Thanks! You know, I think it’s not totally ideal since it’s got the vinyl feel and won’t be absorbent, can’t be used as a hot pad in a pinch, etc. BUT there is just sooooo much fabric in a four sack towel and a relatively small amount of the vinyl on it, positioned down near one edge, so I went for it! I’d use it in my kitchen, I think.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to your friend! She’s gonna love that! Here’s hoping Covid birthday’s stop at 2!

3 Likes

Dude! This is so rad!

Thanks, friends!

Love it!

Thank you!

I think the glitter adds a touch of pizzazz.