Let's Get Quilting sweatshirt

Back in January, there was a big quilt show that I was looking forward to attending. I thought it would be fun to create my own ‘quilty’ clothing and came up with the idea for this sweatshirt. I found this sweatshirt on Amazon and once I received it, I took it to the fabric store to try and find a coordinating fabric for the word ‘quilting.’ After finding the fabric, I then created a mock-up in my Silhouette Studio software to try and find the best area of the fabric to cut the design from. After hours (more likely days) of figuring out the ‘perfect placement’ I was ready to stitch (is it really a wonder why my projects take so long? Lol. I use the Silhouette software for everything, but once I open the software, it’s like I’m also opening a time portal where hours pass in minutes).

Unfortunately, poor Thread Astaire, had a hard time doing the stitch out due to a damaged needle plate (lessons were learned when the damage was done, but I had forgotten that the needle plate needed to be replaced). As a result, I was unable to finish this sweatshirt before the quilt show (but now I’m ready for next year!).

18 Likes

This is great! You matched the fabric really well, too. You’ll rock this next year!

1 Like

This is so absolutely amazing! All of the time and hard work paid off!

1 Like

Great attitude! You’re not late, just insanely early, lol.

2 Likes

This is REALLY cool.

1 Like

Thank you, all! I forgot to mention that I got both of the fonts on Etsy.

1 Like

Oh I love your sweatshirt, the fabric for the lettering matches perfect :star_struck:
Did you cut out the letters with your silhouette?
I have a cameo and use mine almost always for cutting flex and flock.
Great idea to use the software for figuring out the best placement of the words.

Awesome, great job :orange_heart:

1 Like

It came out great my friend! All the time you spend really pays off in a quality project.

1 Like

WOW. This turned out so cool! We can really see the time you took to really get it right.

That sweatshirt is also really cool - I’m trying to figure out how the zipper works with the hood part. Does it go all the way?

1 Like

This is hte perfect sweatshirt for a quilt show. You did an amazing job matching the fabric. I never would have given it a second thought. I love it!

1 Like

Awesome! I love the final result. Looks comfy, too!

1 Like

It’s actually a pointless zipper, lol. It unzips but doesn’t serve a purpose other than to provide a ‘fashionable look.’

Oh! HAHA! As a female of a certain age I was wondering if there was some ventilation aspect, for like, say, one were to suddenly get REALLY hot for no reason. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow! I love this!!!

1 Like