"Let's Go on an Egg Hunt" Cross Stitch!

The matting for my frame finally came in today so I can finally share!! A couple weeks ago I really felt the need for some happy, spring-themed craftiness in my life to hold me over until real spring came. I fell in absolute love with this pattern and had a blast stitching it. So much happy stitching!

Size : 7 x 11.5 inches
Fabric : 14 ct Aida - “Oatmeal”
Pattern : “Let’s Go on an Egg Hunt” by Tiny Modernist
Fun Factor : Love, love, LOVED stitching this! They’re so many little different things you feel very accomplished while stitching it. The colors are so bright and happy! I also really enjoyed stitching the trees because they’d be bare and then you had the little leaves and blooms after and it was like spring blooming right in front of my face.
Changes : I used a very light colored fabric so I darkened the clouds and changed the color of the Easter bunny so they’d show up better. I also replaced the text “Let’s go on an egg hunt” with more clouds.

:arrow_down: And a hand for size reference. :arrow_down:

Thanks for looking! :yellow_heart:

31 Likes

This is absolutely the cutest.

1 Like

Wow, that’s great! So cute.

1 Like

You are right; this is super happy!!! Love the way you tweaked the design.

1 Like

Thank you!! :yellow_heart:

The framing really takes this to the next level. Way to celebrate your stitching!

1 Like

Gives me Spring Fever! Love the bright colors and fun design.

1 Like

Cross stitch boggles my mind, but this is enormously happy. I appreciate you replaced the words. Great edit.

:metal:

1 Like

My framing needs a bit of work but I totally agree! If I’m going to spend that many hours making something it better be put on a damn pedestal! :rofl:

3 Likes

This looks like a huge amount of work! I love the cheerful colours you used. (And your matching floral nail polish is so perfect!) :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Shut up! This is adorable.

1 Like

How sweet and adorable and super cute … :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@nou Yes, the matching polish was a must! Only because I was so sick of winter I tried to fit as much early spring-ness indoors everywhere I could get it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, this is just downright adorable!

1 Like

I almost love this enough to try making it for myself. Almost. I really love it but I really, really do not want to do all that cross stitching. Bravo you!

1 Like

@magpie Dooooooo it! You could always just stitch part of it! Honestly though, it was super fun to stitch because there were so many little components it keeps you motivated because I’d finish an actual object a day at least, rather than just part of a picture.

Oh, you underestimate how much I dislike stitching X’s. Just no. I love your project, it turned out so incredibly cute and if I had something like it I would pass it everyday just loving to look at it and admiring it’s wonderfulness. Unless I had to make itself. Then, everytime I saw it would only remember every unpleasant minute of that stitching. LOL, I’d end up having to give it away.
I appreciate your project for the end result but more so for your cheerful endurance & actual enjoyment of the work. It is marvelous in every sort of way.

2 Likes

So cute and colourful! Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

@magpie That’s how I feel when I try to knit! :laughing: Nothing but annoyance and swearing. Thank you for the kind words! I do just find myself staring at it. It’s such a happy piece. :yellow_heart:

Love it!

1 Like