LET'S SWAP NOW! (Dipping our toes in swapping on Lettuce Craft)

Your swap and the bananas swap sound like they would be more inclusive of the various mediums people like to do…not just for fabric or paper people, etc. I like it!

5 Likes

Hand and Homemade Flowers in any medium.

2 Likes

Color in a box swap. This is one of my faves. Roughly a month to craft and gather. I am willing to be the organizer.

19 Likes

One of my favorites, too! I had dreams of collecting the rainbow with enough swaps!

2 Likes

2 sounds good to me. The patches are small, but I’ve seen some with a lot of embroidery put into them so they can take some time to make. I’d vote for this swap!

1 Like

I have no hosting experience, so I can’t host it, but didn’t someone suggest that our first swap on the new site should have a lettuce theme?

3 Likes

Yes, that was me. :grin:

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly. I may throw my hat in the game if Noone else suggests this.

3 Likes

Hand dyed yarn. Natural or synthetic.

1 Like

As someone who finally has a fridge that is actually magnetic for the first time in 7 years, I love this idea!

4 Likes

How does this work?

here’s a link to an old one. usually you craft something and then purchase/make so many fillers all in the color of your partner’s choice. It’s really fun getting a box of all yellow or all blue goodies!

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457341.0

4 Likes

Yes!! Swapping

I love the @MistressJennie bananas swap. And colour in a box and common ground. As @AIMR they are very inclusive topics, any craft medium could be used.

2 Likes

Just a suggestion, but could @sweets4ever or @kittykill post this to the NEWS section too? I am not sure if that is possible, but I was on here yesterday morning and didn’t see this at all. If another member wouldn’t have send me the link I don’t think I would have had an idea. I did check the NEWS section to see if anything new had happened though. Just a suggestion. I want to make sure everyone knows about it!!! Swapping!!! Yes!!!
PS. I’m not even sure how many people check the NEWS section. Could be just me. :rofl: Ha!

3 Likes

Good idea! Or maybe a banner? Or email notification? Let’s shout our happy news from the rooftops!

2 Likes

Oooh thanks I forgot I actually did one of these once!! :joy: Definitely fun!!

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can’t tell you how happy this news has made me!

I have organizing experience and would happily organize a 4x6 art swap. Instead of a long sign up time for participants to create their artwork in previous rounds before partners are assigned, I think it may need to be run a bit differently. Due to the fact that it would probably fill up rather quickly, there may not be time to craft the art during signups. I propose a list of favorite topics and themes be sent to partners at the end of signups and allowing a two week crafting period.

11 Likes

I know it will make an already difficult makeshift process even harder, but I hope the inaugural LettuceCraft Swap can be open to all. @Kwality570 is right - it’ll fill up fast if there’s a limit. And it would be great if everyone who wants to could participate. But maybe it’s better to have one or two limited swaps first before letting loose.

6 Likes

Yes, please! Once we get the database in place, the swap mods are going to be charged with entering in all the information for these first few swaps. Let’s save a big honkin’ swap like a LettuceCraft swap for later. Please and thank you. :smiley:

10 Likes

How about a One Tiny [whatever] to get going! Like, one tiny plushy, or one tiny house, or one tiny stitched hoop? Fast and easy to ship. Everyone makes one thing and one thing only.

11 Likes