LET'S SWAP NOW! (Dipping our toes in swapping on Lettuce Craft)

We hear you! You have been chomping at the bit to swap, and we aren’t going to try to hold you back any longer. The new database is still under construction, but the swap mods have graciously offered to work up a temporary system using databases so you rabid swappers will no longer have to suffer withdrawal. We’re going to host a mini swap introduction, which will be run a little differently at first, until we get the database up and running.

Here’s how it will work:
If you have successfully organized a swap on C’ster, and have a swap that you are definitely interested in hosting, respond to this thread and propose your swap theme and very brief overview of what the swap will entail. Note how long the crafting time would be.

You have until next Sunday noon EST to submit your idea. One swap idea per experienced organizer, please. After the Sunday deadline for suggestions, we will open a poll, and everyone can vote for up to three swaps that they would consider joining. At the end of the week, we will allow the organizers with the top five swaps, based on poll results, to open up signups. Signups will be limited to 40 members per swap.

Members with good swap records on Craftster may sign up for three swaps; new members with no Craftster record may sign up for one. No multiple partners at this time; each swapper will be assigned only one swap partner.

SO, what swap would you be willing to organize?

35 Likes

Looking forward to swapping with the LC community!

6 Likes

Yes!!! Lettuce swap!

7 Likes

Lettuce swap!

8 Likes

Can’t wait to (eventually) vote on our first swaps!

2 Likes

I propose an Effin Birds Swap. We talked about it on Craftster back in November/December and had quite a bit of interest.
This would be 1 medium item in any medium (fiber, paint, paper, clay, whatever goes). People would be matched based on what medium they like to use vs medium people want to receive.
It would be a 5 week crafting period.

Effin Birds is an irreverent and silly field guide of birds done in black and white. Google images has lots of examples. Crafters would take this idea and make in their chosen medium. Pictures posted in gallery would/should be blurred out.

22 Likes

Wild flailing! Yay!!

2 Likes

Cool! I can’t wait to vote!

2 Likes

I’ve only ever participated in Nerd Games swaps. But I think I want to join in on the fun within the whole community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hooray!!

I would like to do a fridge magnet swap. We’d have a three week crafting period, and swap five magnets, at least three of which must be crafted. One or two may be purchased if you prefer. Any medium is fine; in the past we’ve had felt, resin, clay, cross stitch, wood, and more.

17 Likes

So looking forward to being back swapping :smiley:

3 Likes

I second this one.

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Swapping: Under Construction

This is exciting news! Thank you!

2 Likes

I promised on the old site and this new one that I would host a prayer flag swap. We will swap one or two flags with one or two partners, and each participant will be encouraged to make one for themselves.

Yay!!!

14 Likes

Oh this is exciting!!! I can’t wait to get back into the swing of it all.

3 Likes

@Smmarrt, how long will members have to craft?

Also, for this introductory period, we’re asking everyone to only assign one partner. I’m sorry that wasn’t clear; I’ll amend the first post. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It sounds like a lot of extra work to put together a temporary swap situation, and that is so thoughtful of everyone involved! Thank you!

6 Likes

Well, I said I’d take on the Ongoing ATC swap for a while when things started back up here, so unless we’re doing partnered swaps only for now, I can throw that into the mix.

5 Likes

Since the swap mods will have to keep track of all the current swaps, please hold off on ongoing swaps until we’re fully functional (and by “we”, I’m referring to both the site and the swap mods :rofl:)

Thanks for your understanding.

5 Likes