Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Oh Emm GEE! That’s frikken incredible.

2 Likes

I am soooooo glad you like the jackalope. He was much easier to make than my first one. The pipe cleaners inside the ears and antlers extend way down through the head to prevent them from flopping over. That is the scaffolding you felt inside the head.

@JoyfulClover and I watched our packages crawl at snail speed across the U.S. and they ended up arriving a day apart!

I was completely blown away when I opened up my package. I asked for a Japanese rice bag, but I never expected anything like this beauty!

First, I noticed the gorgeous bright colors. Right up my alley. Then I saw the Deathly Hallows fabric. What?? Who would think to use that for a rice bag? Then I opened her letter and she explained the significance of all the other fabrics. This lady took a deep, deep dive into my Pinterest boards. This “undercover fandom” bag includes blue and magenta fabric for Doctor Who and Rose, orange triangle for Jayne from Firefly, yellow and silver for C3PO and R2D2, and of course the green fabric for Harry Potter. Her spin on the traditional Japanese style is so original. This bag is gorgeous, meaningful, and made just for me. I love it. Thank you so much JoyfulClover.

13 Likes

I am so happy you like it, @MightyMitochondria! It was fun to see which fandoms kept popping up, and if I could pull an inspiration color from it.

Thank you so much for swapping with me! We will have to do it, again!

2 Likes

Yes, I would love to swap with you again! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Completely amazing. It’s just the most fabulous item, I would keep a thing like that forever.

1 Like

You are always so kind and supportive, @Magpie.

1 Like

@JoyfulClover I’m loving the close up shots of that bag. It looks amazing. So many tiny stitches. And the colour combo is just perfect

3 Likes

Thanks, lady! And now you can make one of your own!

I was thinking of enlarging the pattern, because it would make a nice knitting project bag. The base would hold yarn and notions well, while jamming in the project in top. Also, the base makes it perfect to knit from!

For anyone interested, this is the modern Japanese rice bag pattern I used. It’s okay. The only reason this shape is popular, is because it’s relatively seemless (only 1):

But there are several free patterns with individual panels. Just multiple the side lengths x4 and stitch onto the base. It’s the same thing!

And since I had just sewn a simple tote shape for the Holiday Present swap, I used this for attaching the tabs, the lining and turning because there are photo steps:

The rice bag pattern tells you what to do, but I like the visuals for the tote better. Go figure.

6 Likes

I have also used that pattern before JC! It turned out so well :smiley: Yours is wonderful!!

3 Likes

Thanks Princess! I’ve seen your sewing skillz, so I’m sure yours are epic!

2 Likes

I received these amazing pouches from @geekgirl in a little extra personal swap that we did after the Holiday Present Swap.

12 Likes

Those are really fun fabrics!

1 Like

I received this amazing shawl from @JoyfulClover in as an extra after we did the Holiday Present Swap together. It is so beautiful and sooo very soft. It is very hard to photograph a shawl, but I tried my best!

And here is a photo of me trying to look excited about the shawl and inadvertently looking super crazy. This was the third one I had my husband took. I looked even crazier in the other two, believe it or not. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I still crush the HECK outta these fabrics!!! And the pattern on pattern makes my heart swoon, gg!!!

I’m so happy you love the shawl! I love the knit from the stitch below, and the icord bind off.

For anyone who is interested, it’s the Snow Day Shawl by Mina Philipp.

2 Likes

Super crazy look is not a bad thing! lol

Both package of goodies are awesome! The fabrics in the pouches are colorful and lovely together (the eye of an artist comes through!)…and the shawl is unique and looks great on you as well!

2 Likes

@geekgirl and I did an extra swap after the Holiday Present ended, and she made the partner to the earlier hoop from the Hoopless swap.

I didn’t want to point it out to her, but now that it’s hanging on my wall, I don’t have to fear - this is a big hoop!! I get to stare at this all day, as they hang in front of my desk.

Thank you so much, @geekgirl!

13 Likes

@Kwality570 and I did a personal swap after Holiday Present arrived, and check out this happy lady:

She’s a tissue box holder! And one of her spokes is the tissue!

She ALSO sits in front of me, and I do wiggle with her throughout the day.

Thank you so much, @Kwality570 !

14 Likes

lol what a fun tissue box…the design is so clever!

And whoa…now that is more my style of embroidery…evocative…look at all that texture!

3 Likes

This is all kinds of awesome!

2 Likes

Yes! One of my goals is to work on a project and be more loose with the stitching. I saw a photo of nacreous clouds, and I’m going to see if I can make a buddy for the Northern Lights set.

4 Likes