Like, rawr and stuff! πŸ¦–

I made this Mosaic dinosaur adventure blanket by Abi McIntyre as a pattern tester. She released the pattern today, so I’m finally able to share my project :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I made the baby blanket sized version. I love dinosaurs, and this was so much fun to make. I may have to make a full sized version soon :hearts:

I am addicted to mosaic crochet! :yarn:

PS- here is a link to my project notes with yarn and amounts used.

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/jamiemonster83/mosaic-dinosaur-adventure

24 Likes

My gracious, this is a hoot! So cute!

3 Likes

Oh, goodness gracious. I have never been so jealous of someone who can crochet as much as I am now. This is hands down the most awesome thing on the planet, past or present.
I know @Kwality570 & @JoyfulClover will agree. We all love dinos!

3 Likes

insert Janice from friends voice here

Oh. My. Gawd. This is unbelievable! I can’t even wrap my head around this. @Magpie looks like we might know where my stash might be going! Haha

Do you think it can be done just as tapestry crochet? I dont know how to mosaic but I have done color changes like for the mutts blanket.

5 Likes

You can easily do this by following the chart. Just ignore the X’s. There is a great guide on how to do mosaic in the pattern itself if you do want to learn. But working every stitch as a single crochet with color changes would work just fine.

My favorite thing about overlay mosaic is that you only use one color per row and you have very few if any ends to weave in if you use the envelope border. If you do decide to try out mosaic crochet and have questions, I’d be more than happy to answer them for you! :hearts:

6 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING! I love the colors you chose. It’s so cute!
What brand/type of yarn did you end up using?

2 Likes

I will go create a project page on Ravelry with the info and then share the link with the yarn info :smiley:

2 Likes

How cute!!!

2 Likes

Here is the link to my project notes!

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/jamiemonster83/mosaic-dinosaur-adventure

5 Likes

Thanks so much!!!

2 Likes

This is seriously incredible, wow. A real stash buster for sure! You could have a rainbow of dinosaurs.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this! Mosiac crochet is on my To Learn list (along with tapestry).

Today I learned they are NOT the same thing.

Your color choices are fantastic! Grey is the best! Also, RAWWWRRR!!!

2 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Flipping awesome!!! Rawr!

1 Like

Love this!!

1 Like

I see on the site that it’s your Cake day, happy YOU day! :sauropod: :cupcake::t_rex:

1 Like

Awww! Thanks! My hubby is taking me out for a chai latte at our favorite coffee place and then I’ll see my sister and nieces. So today will be very nice. Thanks for the cake day virtual cupcake! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations! Your amazing dino blanket is a FEATURED PROJECT!
Thank you for contributing to our community. :green_heart:

1 Like