Lily Mounted Art

Yes, I am still on my cradle board kick. I bought them, I am going to use them. Ha!
I made this for the LC Grab Bag Swap. You had to create two items, one starting with an L and one with a C. This was my L for Lily, but now that I am thinking, it could have been C for Cradleboard too! There was a lot of artistic interpretation allowed. Ha!
My partner, @bluebird took that picture. It was better than the ones I took.
Here are mine. I think the colors are more accurate on hers. My phone has the worst time capturing that pink. It turns it orange. . :wink:
It’s only 5x5, done with Copic markers, marker board, cradleboard, acrylic paint, and mod podge. Oh! And I used my Spica pens to add a little shimmer, but it’s hard to see in a picture.

23 Likes

That is just utterly, insanely gorgeous! Love the spots on the flowers, the lighter edging on all the petals, the way the flowers extend past the edges of their box, the subtle color change from top to bottom on the background… just everything about it.

1 Like

This is stunning! It’s so obvious that you put quite a bit of thought, time, skill, and care into making this. What a great “L” project!

1 Like

oooh, lilies are my favorites! Gorgeous piece.
I like that your pix show the lilies in the daytime, your partner’s picture shows them at dramatic dusk!

1 Like

Hahaha! I like that!

They are so beautiful and you did such a great job making them look like they just jump off the page!

1 Like

It’s such a beautiful piece, thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

I LOVE THIS!! so pretty!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

That’s gorgeous!

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous

1 Like

This is fantastic :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I am really enjoying these cradle boards!

:star: Congratulations! Your awesome project is one of this week’s featured projects! :star:

2 Likes

Awe, thank you!

I love how you pushed part of the flowers outside of the background onto the black background. It really makes them pop!

1 Like