Lined draw string helmet bag

Hello everyone!

I thought I’d share this fun project I completed yesterday for a friend and his wife. I made 2 draw string lined ski helmet bags. There’s a mouthful…

I made them following a short yet effective tutorial on youtube called ‘EASY Lined Drawstring Bag - Simple DIY’ by Whitney Sews. Before commiting myself to the actual bags I thought I’d make a small sized one in order to get the feel of the fabrics and the sewing involved.

One of the bags has a yellow webbing loop so they can see whose bag’s whose. Yes, they have different helmets.

Thanks for watching and happy crafting!
CraftyJedi

17 Likes

You did an amazing job!
Our friends will be happy with their new ski-helmet bags.
(For those who didn’t know yet: Marc - aka CraftyJedi - is my husband.)

3 Likes

Shoestrings! Great idea for drawstrings. I’ll have to check the dollar store for sets of those.
Your bags turned out lovely. I hope your friends have a safe and fun time.

3 Likes

Such nice bags! The idea of putting the yellow loop on one of them was genius, too.

2 Likes

Thanks! The shoe strings were more like ‘is this draw string business going to work’ but yes, they work just fine.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m proud of them, ahum… I planned on giving them both a different color loop but what the h*ck, one’s enough to keep them apart right?

3 Likes

Nicely done! I love functional and pretty projects. I agree that using shoe strings for ties is such a great idea! I’ll pick up a few at the Dollar Tree to keep in my stash!

I know your friends will be appreciative of these lovely helmet bags!

3 Likes

This is such a great idea! Our helmets can get dirty and scratched in the attic during the off season. I got a new helmet for Xmas and I really want to take care of it better. I’ll be stealing your idea though I doubt mine will turn out quite so professional looking! Excellent work!

3 Likes

Thank you AIMR. I only used the laces in the smaller bag though. I decided to use nylon string for the actual helmet bags.

5 Likes

Thanks a bunch! Yours will be great. Go and take care of that new bucket…

2 Likes

Yes, the smaller bags…I presume the larger bags need something more substantial! I need to make a few bags for my shoes when I travel…the shoelaces should be fine for those!

2 Likes

Shoes, shoe laces… in keep with the theme ;-D

2 Likes

Adding the yellow tag was a clever way to keep them the same, yet easily able to differentiate them.

3 Likes

Great bags and thoughtful gifts!

3 Likes

Great idea to make the little tag for identification and a little extra pizzazz! I love black and white with pops of color and these are no exception. The b/w really makes the lining pop. Great project!

2 Likes

Thanks Gozer, the color combo is perfect.

3 Likes

Thanks! Great minds think alike Kwality ;-D I had both fabrics, from another bag project I did years ago, lying around doing nothing. The colors complement each other perfectly.

3 Likes

Shoelaces! Genius! That may have to be my drawstring go-to in the future. And I love the tab idea. Very clever. I love that it doesn’t scream, “THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT!!!”

2 Likes

Heyy Bunny,
thanks for the compliment ;-D

Hello everyone, here are some action pics of one of the bags in ‘Les Saisies’, France.
Ow, and the yellow Millennium Falcon thingie is something I whipped up with the Cricut.
Have a great weekend!
CJ

4 Likes