Linen Stitch Scarf

A few years ago I bought a pattern that uses the linen stitch to combine three unrelated colorways of yarn. Here are the colors I used…don’t they look like they would be awful together? I thought so when the woman at our yarn shop picked them out for me!

The scarf calls for casting on as many stitches as you want for the length…I think I used over 200. Anyway, this is probably the slowest stitch ever!!! But, when you are done, it is supposed to look like you wove the scarf. I kept working on it and working on it and finally got it done.

And here it is to give an idea of length…

It’s a bit narrow because I just got tired of knitting it and the length allows for a few wraps anyway.

I love the look but I am not going to be doing another one of these in a very long while…maybe never! ha ha

27 Likes

This may have been a lot of work, but it is gorgeous!

2 Likes

They did look ill-suited to being one project but really worked up very prettily! Nicely chosen, yarn store lady and excellent skill there, Aimr!

1 Like

This is very cool! I love the effect!

1 Like

It turned out great…kudos for finishing it!
I love the look of that stitch!

2 Likes

It’s so beautiful and astonishingly like a woven piece. I love the colour combo, I love everything about it in fact. Lovely work.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone! During this time, I am trying to finish up WIPS as well as start new projects…it seems to be motivating to get an old one done first.

Have any of you worked and worked on a project and just stopped with just a little more to go? I have a lot of projects like that and hope I can get motivated to just finish them or finally let them go!

Glad I kept this one…the colors make me happy!

2 Likes

Wow, I love how it looks, that stitch is amazing and an unexpectedly good colour choice in the final product!! :astonished:

I LOVE THIS! The colors, texture, proportions… ALL OF IT! And, I guess my eyes are different, because I thought those balls of yarn looked like they could be great together.

1 Like

this is gorgeous. the yarn lady really knew her stuff. I would not have chosen those colors either

It is beautiful!

It is gorgeous! It definitely looks woven! Wear this proudly, lady!

1 Like

Gorgeous! It really does look woven. Well done my friend.

1 Like

Oh my, I love everything about this!! The yarn is totally transformed by the stitch. Be proud my friend, it’s awesome!!

Congrats! Your Linen Stitch Scarf is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

It’s beautiful! I love the way the colors look together. Neato stitch

Beautiful! I adore linen stitch since it allows for so much fun play with the colors and you never know what the finished product is going to look like when you start. I find it a really soothing stitch to knit, but then I do it continental when my usual method is English. It just requires less motion that way.

1 Like

Why DO we do that, anyway? I must have a half-dozen UFOs like that around the house: garments that took months to make and now just need buttons or the lining sewn in; things that were set aside because an essential component ran out just before the end, but even now that I’ve got what I need to finish it, I haven’t; books that are two chapters away from read and still sitting on the pile…

1 Like

Never, ever, ever in my life would I have picked those to go together but you knocked it out of the park!
Love!

1 Like

I understand it to be some sort of deep seated fear that the completion will be not be “perfect”. If it is partially done, you still have the opportunity to make it just so. I have had to learn to substitute the word “perfect” with “exceptional”…and flaws are mostly in my head so I need to learn to let them go.

As far as completing books…I have no idea…but yes, I have several books that require a chapter or two to finish and even though several are in the wings, I can’t make myself finish! ha ha If you discover the answer, let me know!

2 Likes