Linocut wishes

I took a workshop on linocutting this afternoon and made this piece! I also enjoyed all the stages - drawing, tracing - so I included those, too!

I was thinking about how moving is kind of like packing up the seeds of your new home, and how unpacking is planting those seeds. (Also thinking about how “bringing stuff from home” is how we wound up with dandelions in America!)

19 Likes

What a fun and creative design. I like the thinking behind it.
Now that you’ve taken the class, have you been bitten by the linocutting bug?

1 Like

Really wonderful! I love the concept behind it, as well as the design. And it’s so cool how the cut lines are horizontal at the bottom, but radiate out from a central spot (like a dandelion!) at the top.

1 Like

@AudiobookLover - Thank you! I had done a couple of linocuts before, but just sort of on my own. I’m definitely looking forward to doing more!

@endymion - Yes! I debated a bit about what to do and whether it would be worth the effort of doing, but I like the bit of texture it gives!

3 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

I love this depiction of your idea!

1 Like

The design is so unique and personal. I love it! Hope you do more. These would be cute on envelopes too.

2 Likes

I love the idea of home “seeds”, and what a cool depiction of it! Maybe next time I move it wii feel like less of a chore if I think this way.

1 Like

This came out great! I love the concept behind your design.

1 Like

Great design and execution.

1 Like

How adorable and lovely! Do you think you’ll get the tools to make more? I can’t wait to see them if so!!!

1 Like