Little Bat

I made one of these for the previous STS swap on the site that shall not be named, and someone messaged me and wanted it. I’d sold the one I’d made, but was up for a personal swap so made another one! Though, frustratingly, I was in the middle of making it when suddenly the site required me to make a log in to view it, which… really?!

The pattern is here: Crochet Bat Amigurumi

The wings seem a little too big and I haven’t worked out a way I like doing the wing veins yet, but it’s really cute and fairly simple. I might make more in the future, I have a soft spot for bats!

36 Likes

This is a a super cute little bat! I love the flair of the wings and even though you haven’t found a way you like to do the veins I think they look great and really make the veins pop!

1 Like

These sites and wanting us to log in and allow ads and whatever else…I get it. We all need to make a living. But, ugh. Ugh…ya know? The timing can be so off. I don’t want to “join” or “allow” anything right after arriving somewhere. Ok…rant over. Its just happened to me the same way so many times. LOL

But dear me! Your bat is amazing. So cute!

1 Like

Adorbs! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really love how you hung him from a branch for the photo too! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

@smileyyogini - oh, yeah, but you can still get ad revenue off me without my logging in! That just screams of “I want to be able to sell your email address to marketers”, which is why I have a throw-away account I use that I just go in to periodically and delete everything, because the hundred of emails I get there aren’t things I signed up for… because they obviously have passed on that email, a lot! :smiley:

Ha, thanks, @bluebird, I was pretty happy about how I managed to stage that photo! Not cleaning up the yard and having sticks around for the win!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

He is so adorable!

1 Like

SO CUTE! I am going to have to make one too!!

1 Like

So stinking cute! I want to give him a hug.

1 Like

That is really super cute.

1 Like

:bat: baby!! Super cute.

1 Like

He’s adorable! I, too, have a thing for bats and this little guy makes me all melty!

1 Like

OMG, so cute!!!

1 Like

I love bats and this one is adorable!

1 Like

He’s adorable and I love how you show him upside down!

1 Like

LOL this is SO STINKIN CUTE! <3

1 Like

This is super super cute! You did a lovely job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super cutie!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So sweet! I love the pose too!

1 Like

Cutest bat I’ve ever seen!!!

1 Like

I adore him. From the thumbnail, I thought he was hanging down from a giant safety pin!

1 Like