Little Bee Fairy

Still learning about watercolor. I have too many hobbies, and I cycle through them, so I might set one aside for months at a time. Not a great idea for a beginner, but it’s ok. So this is the next installment in Loth Learns To Paint.

26 Likes

Sure looks like you’re getting the hang of it to me!

1 Like

I love how you did her hair! I’m curious about the backstory of this elf gazing at a green orb…

1 Like

It/she is amazing!

1 Like

She’s great! The shading is wonderful.

1 Like

I love her! looks great.

1 Like

She is so sweet, beautiful.

1 Like

Epic!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone!

@endymion I was so pleased with her hair. I didn’t know how I was going to do it, and I did the linework first, with the awkward elementary school style curliques, and just hoped I hadn’t ruined it, but then I got an inspiration on how do the paint bit, and I couldn’t have been happier with how it went. The orb was a last minute “I don’t know what to put in her hands but she’s magical, so I can just put ANYthing there and call it spellcasting, and it will be fine!” lol

@Kwality570 I have fretted so much about my shading, so it is nice to hear I’m getting near what I want!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Your little fairy painting is one of this week’s featured projects! GO YOU! :partying_face: :star:

1 Like

I love the colors you picked and how serene it looks. Amazing job!

2 Likes

Fantastic job!

1 Like

This is beautiful and inspirational, thank you. I love her hair. I can imagine her flitting round my garden.

1 Like

This is fantastic!

1 Like

I really appreciate that you did a “real” body. She looks great!

3 Likes

Aw, thank you! She’s a bumble bee fairy, so of course she had to be voluptuous. She’s the Bombus. :smiley:

4 Likes