Little Boy Bike to Cute Girl Bike

After riding on her little 12” bike for quite some time my 3yo was ready to move on to the next size.

However, having two older brothers, the 16” bike sitting in my shed was desperately needing a complete overhaul.

I girlyfied it a bit and this is what it looks like now:

Here’s a before picture:

Completely disassembled:

And some more pics of the finished bike

Here’s a tutorial for the basket.

19 Likes

my heart swooned seeing the disassembled bike!!! I love assembling things…what an awesome role model you are to your girl!!

The bike is very nicely done with just enough feminine touches…especially the cute little flowers and that basket!!!

1 Like

Pretty sweet ride!

As a kid who got a lot of hand-me-downs I think it’s so awesome that you reworked this bike so much for her. Looks like a completely different bike. I hope she loves it for a long time.

2 Likes

Wow! If I’d disassembled that, I don’t know if I’d ever have been able to get it back together!

It looks great!!

2 Likes

I went from, “oh that looks cute with the flowers and the new tires and saddle” to “oh my God did she really completely disassemble that bike?!”

I can’t believe you got it back together again! And you DIY’ed the basket too? But I love that she is really getting a new-to-her custom bike and not just another hand-me-down. Nothing wrong with hand-me-downs of course but I bet she loves her special bike.

3 Likes

I wrote up a tutorial for the basket.

2 Likes

Love all the details you put into this redo! Very special.

Oh my goodness! How fabulous is this? So amazing!

Congrats! Your Bike Revamp is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

Thanks everyone!

We did some serious bike trips over the weekend and the little one loved racing along with her brothers.

2 Likes

This is so wonderful! All the details are precious. I always wanted a basket for my bike when I was little. I also can’t believe that you completely disassembled the bike!! OMG I would have been a hot mess trying to do that lol.

1 Like

To echo other comments, WOW, WOW, WOW! The bike makeover is fantastic.

Such an amazing job! Baskets on little girls’ bicycles are a MUST. Dang, I should get one for my bike!

1 Like

I bet you could use my tutorial to make a larger one.

I will look up typical measurements and add them to the other post

1 Like