• 3 cups powdered sugar

RED COATING

• 6 oz white almond bark
  • 2 Tbsp Crisco shortening
  • red gel food

DECORATIONS

• green sanding sugar

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line bottoms of four-8” round cake pans with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
  2. In stand mixer beat eggs on high speed for 6 minutes, until thick and pale yellow.
  3. Add cake mixes, powdered sugar, water, and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds then scrape the bowl. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
  4. Measure out batter evenly into each pan. Spread evenly.
  5. Bake 25-27 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow to cool completely.
  6. For the filling and frosting, beat marshmallow creme, softened butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 3 cups of powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
  7. Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe frosting between all layers and crumb coat. Freeze for 10 minutes. Frost again smoothing the outside. Reserve remaining frosting for decoration. Dust sanding sugar around lower 1/3 of cake. I poured it into my hand and pressed it against the cake.
  8. Melt almond bark and shortening in microwave and stir until smooth. Free with red green food coloring. If it is too stiff melt more shortening and slowly add until desired consistency. Put over top of cake spreading to edges.
  9. With remaining frosting pipe swirls around top and one swirl in the middle. Place two little Debbie cakes in center.
10 Likes

Wow! Very impressive result. Looks very festive and sounds delicious.

1 Like

How gorgeous and festive! I’d love it if someone brought that to a holiday get together!

1 Like

Ooooo! That’s so festive and dreamy looking!

1 Like

Gorgeous finale to a holiday feast!

1 Like

Wow… just wow! That’s spectacular!

1 Like

No faint heart here when it comes to cake (eating it that is!). This looks amazing!!

1 Like

This is all kinds of awesome.

1 Like

And it tasted just like the real thing. I think adding Marshmallow creme to the filling made it a near perfect match

It’s beautiful!!!

1 Like

I am drooling, that looks so good!

1 Like