Little Landscape 4x6 Art

These are the 4x6 artworks that I sent in the last 4x6 swap.

All three together:

Each by themselves (don’t mind the paint on my thumb, it was messy work):

Believe it or not, I started these out as regular abstract art. I had some carved circles and Xs in them which still ended up showing up in the texture. I wasn’t excited about what I had so far, so I decided to keep layering paint. I started with a pink sky and bright yellow grass over what I had before. Then I got out my markers and palette knife and started going to town, blotting and smudging all along the way. I rimmed with gold marker and smudged some of that in at the end as well to give it a bit more dimension.

I was delighted with how they turned out and would like to make some bigger ones to fit on cradle boards.

20 Likes

I love how these work as a triptych but also stand alone so well. Your process fascinates me - I’m not a painter, and marvel at how you went from completely abstract to recognizable!

1 Like

These are amazing. I love it when you do landscapes. They always feel so dreamy and like a fain memory that you can’t quite catch. Your texturing is also amazing. The first one is my favorite, but they are all amazing.

1 Like

These are so wonderful! Each recipient got a little snippet of the bigger picture :slight_smile: What kind of paint did you use?

1 Like

These are beautiful! I love how they make a bigger picture when put together!

1 Like

Thanks. The paint was acrylic and I used watercolor markers and regular markers too.

You made the textute look like a bit like oil paint… very cool.

1 Like

They’re such lovely scenes with so much depth and texture. I love seeing the set together.

1 Like

These are lovely! I want to see those hills in person. The paintings remind me of the transition areas between desert mountains and plains.

1 Like

These are wonderful! All the texture and layering of paint makes such a rich, atmospheric effect.

1 Like

You created such wonderful texture and interest with these pieces!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! It just proves that persistence pays off when it comes to layering. Keep going until it’s right!

1 Like

Very cool! I like how well the go together and stand alone.

1 Like

The palette knife textures are wúnderbar! Great colour accents, purple in the sky, yellow in the grass. The marks showing thru are mysterious & engaging, like a secret hidden message.

1 Like